VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
Re: What smaller rotors&calipers can be swapped on the 337 front? Need ... (extremsplvr6)

stock vw gti brakes they are 1 inch smaller than your current 337/audi TT fronts. The difference between the two is that you have different caliper CARRIERS and a 1" larger rotor. so to bring it down to stock gti size you need the 1.8t/vr6 caliper carrier, and some 11.3" rotors. the pads/caliper is the same. and you can clear 15" wheels. I got my 15" steelies on right now for winter. has saved me big w/ all these pot holes!

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: What smaller rotors&calipers can be swapped on the 337 front? Need ... (Banditt007)

Quote, originally posted by Banditt007 »
stock vw gti brakes they are 1 inch smaller than your current 337/audi TT fronts. The difference between the two is that you have different caliper CARRIERS and a 1" larger rotor. so to bring it down to stock gti size you need the 1.8t/vr6 caliper carrier, and some 11.3" rotors. the pads/caliper is the same. and you can clear 15" wheels. I got my 15" steelies on right now for winter. has saved me big w/ all these pot holes!

Or do mean just the braket the caliper bolts to?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: What smaller rotors&calipers can be swapped on the 337 front? Need ... (extremsplvr6)

11.3 will make a good swap thats what they put in the MKIII VR6's under 15's. And thats exactly what I have 11.3's so lets trade! plus some cash of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts