VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Registered
35,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M3s have been known to wear out their tires in 15,000 miles. Boxsters are known to wear through a set of tires in about 12,000 miles. i've heard that Acura NSXs can mow through a set of rubber in 7,000 miles or less. what street cars do you know of eat tire rubber like it's going out of style?

obin :beer::beer:

· Registered
99,819 Posts
Cars with mad torx and staggered sticky wheels/tires (can't be rotated) seem to eat tires quickly, especially if driven with some enthusiasm.

Some vehicle ate through tires quickly due to basic suspension/alignment issues (some early 350Zs, 4x4 Tundra/Sequoya).

Did any front wheel drive car have this issue?

· Registered
E46 330ci coupe
27,612 Posts
Cars with mad torx and staggered sticky wheels/tires (can't be rotated) seem to eat tires quickly, especially if driven with some enthusiasm.

Some vehicle ate through tires quickly due to basic suspension/alignment issues (some early 350Zs, 4x4 Tundra/Sequoya).

Well if you wanna get technical, FWD bias and eats em up pretty good:

· Registered
24,124 Posts

· Registered
'18 BRZ
9,269 Posts
I destroyed two sets of Falken 912's in less than a year with my '91 Si...mainly from just beating the crap out of it on the streets. The car had practically no power but I had tons of fun sliding that thing around the rough streets of SF :D

I'm sure you could go 30,000 miles on a set with this car, but when you push every onramp and turn to tire screeching glory, you gotta expect premature wear. btw the car was aligned properly, too.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.