VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 04 1.8t, and I would like to know what the best blow off valve for my car, also, anything other engine information would be helpful. THank a alot.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Re: What the best BOV? (vdubfreek_04)

Greddy Type S -- so when you get tired of looking at the code while running mafless, you can buy some flanges for it and run it in DV mode.

a couple hundred other users have opinions too, if you'd like to hear from them, try using the search tool.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts

be ready bro, ur gonna get flamed and such, people on here dont take so well to bovs, also they will tell u to use the search. ill let u know the info i have. i ran the hks bov when i fist got the car, ran fine, sound got annoying. went to the greddy type s, sounded amazing and drove fine. put the greddy in dv mode and it sounds quieter and ran so much better. due to money issues is old the greddy and now run a forge dv which sounds similar when its combined with an intake, and the car runs great. i mean if u really want a bov go for it, the greddy type s is ur best option, and grab the dv adapter so u can run it either way, takes like 2 min to switch, then u get the best of both worlds.
-eric

·
Banned
1,667 Posts

Try upgrading your DV. The BOV works; but not all that well. There are alot of people that get the Hybrid types. Most get the BOV for sound and not for the added performance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts