VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my battery replaced (3 weeks ago) so maybe it's related to a bad ground or something from what I read just browsing on the net but I'd like to ask if anyone here knows WTH this noise is.

I was listening to music at the same time (sd card in the car multimedia unit) and I think this loud buzzing noise came from the right side speaker or right side/passenger side of the car in general. I thought it might be from the sd card messing up so I lowered the volume but the buzzing alarm sound was the same and I could actually still hear the music playing in the background so it made me think it wasn't the sd card getting screwed up playing a bad file or something (like how CDs in the car used to make loud noises in the speakers when u have a bad file or a scratch on the cd).

Anybody have any clue where this awful noise came from? Never heard it ever in my life in all my years of driving lol.

I uploaded a short clip of it here on my spare youtube channel where I just use it to share video links for help.

·
Registered
2011 Jetta Sportwagen S 2.5L; 2021 Hyundai KONA SEL
174 Posts
It sounds like a shaman in an echo-chamber ...:devilish:
Probably one of your speakers has a loose wire that's about to come undone. That's a really very weird noise but it's the only thing I could think of: microphonics.
Something does not jive at times between the head unit and the speakers.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like a shaman in an echo-chamber ...:devilish:
Probably one of your speakers has a loose wire that's about to come undone. That's a really very weird noise but it's the only thing I could think of: microphonics.
Something does not jive at times between the head unit and the speakers.
could it have anything to do with the battery if there was a bad ground or something? Yes, it definitely sounds like it was coming from the passenger side speaker.

·
Registered
2011 Jetta Sportwagen S 2.5L; 2021 Hyundai KONA SEL
174 Posts
It could be, but if it is a bad ground then it definitely has to be one that's related to the audio/speakers circuit. Could also be a pinched wire that shorts on metal intermittently. It's the sort of diagnosing I'm guilty of failing its course...Maybe someone with electrical chops (knowledge) might guide you on this discovery journey.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! So far it has only happened once. Of course, I'm assuming this is audio/speaker related and not something else in the car that can make a loud digital buzzing alarm noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts