VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode my bike to grab a bite to eat at work today and saw this thing parked across the street at Wendy's.

Scary belt drive driveshaft configuration? Seemed like if you had a passenger this would immediately rip their legs off. From what I could see it was powered by a small VW engine and that was about it. The crazy mad scientist owner came out and wasn't happy about people taking pictures of his car so I split. :beer::laugh:

Is this a kit car? Or my guess is a one off hyper-mile creation.

Also if you look, it appeared this at one point had wings :screwy:

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I think that's a GM steering column.

Does your state have an annual safety inspection?

Looks like they were going for the Espada-look and it ended up wrong
:D

·
Registered
21,679 Posts
What the hell did I just see??!
My friggin' dream car!

I'd be leaving a note if I saw that... Immediately.

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
That's an interesting vehicle. Too bad you didn't stick around to ask the owner some questions about it.

·
Premium Member
11,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My friggin' dream car!

I'd be leaving a note if I saw that... Immediately.
After posting it on my facebook, apparently it's owner lives 3 houses down from a friend of mine. I'll leave a note for you if you'd like :laugh:

·
Registered
21,679 Posts
After posting it on my facebook, apparently it's owner lives 3 houses down from a friend of mine. I'll leave a note for you if you'd like :laugh:
I'm not even sure why you're posting this instead of walking over there right know...

I'm not even reading this...

I'm reading this.

After posting it on my facebook, apparently it's owner lives 3 houses down from a friend of mine. I just left a note on it for you, VadGTI :laugh:

·
Registered
21,679 Posts

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I'm not certain. Did it have a half-rotate engine? If so, it was Feliks.

If not, was there a trio of hoodlum roller-blade hockey players in the area? If so, it was an renegade angel with its wings cut off. Look for a cameo by Bud Cort, Janeane Garofalo and Alanis Morisette.

Other than that, I got nothing.

·
Premium Member
11,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where in Columbus did you see that?? Only in Ohio would something like that be legal to drive. :screwy:

Erik
Hilliard, off Cemetery road right at 270. It's true though, I see more kooky ass cars driving any Ohio than I have in any other state.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If I can remember this then there is hope for the future. I want to say it was built off of a Chevette and "designed to haul more than 6 people and have some astronomical MPG rating. I think in the article it had 6 rectangular headlamps and not the round ones here. I also seem to recall there is another brown? more complete car as well.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts