VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What the hell did I see? A what? Never never heard of it.

2K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  Woodski 
#1 ·

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/05/14/nissan-nv200-puts-on-a-bowtie-as-new-chevy-city-express/

Your eyes do not deceive you – that is, in fact, a Nissan NV200 work van with Chevrolet badging. General Motors and Nissan today announced a partnership where the Japanese automaker will build Bowtie-badged vans for Chevy dealers to sell throughout the United States and Canada. The new van, called the City Express, is expected to go on sale in the fall of 2014.

"Our fleet customers have asked us for an entry in the commercial small van segment, so this addition to the Chevrolet portfolio will strengthen our position with fleets and our commercial customers," Ed Peper, US vice president of GM fleet and commercial sales, said in a press release.

No details have been released regarding specific changes for the new City Express, though from the images released today, it's clear that the vehicle's front fascia has been reworked, and some super-sexy new wheel covers have been added. If we're honest, the NV200 wasn't all that pretty to begin with, and this, well, isn't any better. Not that looks are of primary concern in the commercial truck business, of course.

Nissan already sells the NV200 in several global markets; it has even been selected as the New York City Taxi of Tomorrow. Pricing for the new City Express will be revealed closer to the van's launch, and we'll be curious to see how it lines up with the NV200's numbers. Either way, we think this has all the signs of a win-win for both companies – Nissan has the capacity and Chevy has a pretty pronounced need for modern commercial vans.
Never heard of it, first one I've seen.

See less See more
#12 ·
My work seems to have standardized on Ford vans after having a variety of other brands in the past. We have several Transit Connects (new and old) and some new full-size Transits have started appearing in the parking lots.

I like the silver steelies and center caps - much better than plastic wheel covers IMO.

(My car has 175/65-15 Pilot Sports; my wife's Mirage has 165/65-14s.)

#9 ·
It _is_ tiny, that's why it caught my eye. "Huh, a white Tahoe. Weird, looks small. Wait... that's a lot smaller than a Tahoe. Like a 3/5ths scale model." That's when I walked over and checked out its ass.

#10 ·
Yeah, this is old news.

#16 ·
I've never seen one of those with a Chevy badge on it. But then, the Nissan version is super scarce around here, hopefully the Chevy version will sell better so the assembly line can keep moving.

Transit Connect is king around these parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.