VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time i ran my rado vr i had the stock 15" speedline wheels with normal R-rated tires and i ran a 15.1 with a crappy 2.6 60ft time. Now i have heavier 17" monte carlos but with z-rated tires. Mods havn't changed since the last time i went and they are as follows:
2.9L overbore w/forged pistons, 2.5" exhaust, Lightened flywheel, K&N replacement filter.
Question: If i can acheive a 2.0 sec 60 footer, What time can i pull?

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: What time can i get... (drewdubin)

High 13's. But don't expect to run 2.0 60's just because you went to better rubber because you went to bigger rubber too.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Re: What time can i get... (drewdubin)

You'll get better traction/times on stock size rim/tires with stickier rubber than you will with bigger rims/low profile rubber(hopefully your not running the stock MkIV size tire cause that would just ruin your rrados wonderful gearing). Not to mention the added rotating mass with those big ole Montes. If you do manage to get near 2.0(afterall practice still helps) low 14s aren't out of the question with the mods you got. However, with your rrado gearing and the extra grunt from the 2.9, 268cams and chip would do wonders for you, you'd have no trouble getting in to the 13s with those. Good luck. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by ElWapo973 at 1:21 PM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What time can i get... (VDUBNDizzy)

Re: What time can i get... (drewdubin) (VDUBNDizzy)
High 13's. But don't expect to run 2.0 60's just because you went to better rubber because you went to bigger rubber too.

I'm not expecting better times from the rubber and the new tires are the same width as the stockies. I've just been practicing a lot so i know that i can pull a much better launch. The last time i went it was my first time ever at the track so i'm confident that i'll do much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts