VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to go in for my 10k mile checkup. I drive the car pretty hard and I'm wondering do I need the 90$ brake service this early? Also would i be better off changing the rear brake pads by myself? I heard that the rears go out first, so i would go ahead and change them. I dont think its that hard to change the pads. But my rotors sure do look rusty .. is that a problem??
Thanks in advance
Bobby

·
Banned
4,768 Posts
Re: What to do for replacing rear brakes/rotors? (ThaPimpTightJetta)

I am going in on Wed for my 10K service and I am going to ask about the TSB for premature rear brake pad failure. If you are at a good dealership they should replace your rear pads with ones that aren't as soft as the originals and adjust the rear calipers. Do your rear wheels dust before your fronts like mine? If so, you are a prime candidate. Just ask and if they play dumb, come back here and ask for the link for the TSB. Technical Service Bulletin for short.

·
Registered
13,712 Posts
Re: What to do for replacing rear brakes/rotors? (Jetta_J)

I have that problem too, and I'm going in for my 10k next monday, gotta mention that. Thanks for the heads up. Oh and a TSB is a technical service bulletin
Mike

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Re: What to do for replacing rear brakes/rotors? (VWMike81)

Hmmm
... lately my rear brakes have been accumulating more dust than the front ones. But it didnt used to be this way. I have had my brakes for 20K, maybe time for new brake pads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts