VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am driving a 2010 passat B6 1.8 tsi manual in India. The engine has 75k KM's on it. I have come across a problem of misfires. Few days back the engine starting misfiring randomly for 2-3 seconds without any CEL. It would run fine after that. Suspecting bad plugs I got the plugs changed, the problem persisted. Then I changed all 4 coils packs it still ran the same. Now it continuously misfires only after reaching the operating temperature with EPC and CEL light. No misfires on cold start. Finally took it to the vw dealer, they ran some test and told that there is low compression in the engine and it needs a rebuild. Quoting me an exorbitant amount more than the value of the car. So I need advice in regards to where to start the diagnosis with an independent mechanic. Some more details about the engine, It eats quite a bit of oil like 1L/1000-1500km. The engine idles at 1200 rpm on cold start(Ambient temp - 30c) There is some oil residue on the valve cover. No oil on the plugs or coils. Can the pcv be bad? Weak battery or alternator? Fuel system? Can it be repaired without breaking the bank.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts