VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay all-
My front end is completely apart, and I'm gonna put her back together and get her on the road for the summer next week on spring break. I've taken almost the whole AC system off (it worked, I just want the room available for a front-mount IC later on) and gotten the pulley (the cheap one we talked about in the other thread - 028 121 031 E.)
Now I've got a few questions. I figured I'd start a new post where we could just quickly get all the details needed for the A/C removal in one spot, since the other post was getting kinda big and hard to follow.
So, let's list some of the specifics needed for the removal - I've got the pulley size, can someone list exact belt sizes that work with this pulley, or part numbers? Also list what size supercharger pulley you are using, since that could impact serpentine belt size.
I'm assuming that all you need to do to remove the A/C is to remove it and figure out the pulley/belt situation - is that true? In other words, is there anything electrical that you need to change, or anything under the dash or other random stuff like that?
-Nate

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: What to do when removing AC? (SaabFan)

Bumpity-bump -
Can anyone at least list the belt sizes? I'm gonna try to throw the car back together all at once this weekend, so I'd like to head to the barn where it is stored with all parts in hand, rather than driving 30 miles back and forth to the closest parts store.
-Nate

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What to do when removing AC? (CorradoFANATIC)

Okay, I've got the car back together. Won't be on the road till april 8th, thanks to paperwork problems with the DMV (don't even get me started . . .
)
Using the 028 121 031 E pulley for the waterpump, and a 68mm supercharger pulley, I am running a 64" serpentine belt, and a 27" power steering belt. Serpentine belt routing goes from the bottom of the crank, around the bottom of the water pump, up over the supercharger, down under the idler pulley, up over the alternator, down under the tensioner, and back to the crank.
Hope these numbers can help anyone else out there removing the A/C. I've got a later (bigger) crank pulley, so other people might need a slightly shorter serpentine belt to avoid slippage.
-Nate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.