VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,961 Posts
Are they though? Looks like they go for ~4k on bring a trailer.

I decided to pass on it. Went to sleep with nightmares of a rusty seized engine from sitting so long.
That sounds about right, from what I have seen. I agree with trying to save it, or at least forward it on to the Radwood community, since they are pretty rare now.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Oh, goodness. Rear axle, you say? I'd be so tempted to pull the engine & trans and replace them with a small V8 and a matching RWD transmission, then surprise people by doing burnouts all over town.

But maybe I have a problem.

·
Registered
44,335 Posts
Oh, goodness. Rear axle, you say? I'd be so tempted to pull the engine & trans and replace them with a small V8 and a matching RWD transmission, then surprise people by doing burnouts all over town.

What V8 do you think would fit in a Tercel? Buick 215/Rover?

Honestly? It's probably a more interesting car than some of your other ones, so I'd be pretty tempted to pick it up (since you said you were going to pass) and get rid of something else. Perhaps two something elses.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts

Honestly? It's probably a more interesting car than some of your other ones, so I'd be pretty tempted to pick it up (since you said you were going to pass) and get rid of something else. Perhaps two something elses.
Personally, I'd go for something like a supercharged 2zz instead of a v8. More fitting of the character and probably a lot easier to make work.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

That is the general plan for the fox. But replace v8 burble with turbo whistle.

OP lives in CA and this is not gonna get past CA smog test inspection

Good idea though for someone living in another state...
That is another concern entirely.

Personally, I'd go for something like a supercharged 2zz instead of a v8. More fitting of the character and probably a lot easier to make work.
3sge may work, hood height is a concern.

If the wheels are no longer welded to the hubs when I get home, I may take it still, just to move it to a enthusiast. Probably get the craziest looks at dmv, registering 3 80s cars at once.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
The Ford Windsor 302 is very compact... so how about that one? I'm thinking you can make it fit where an inline four once lived.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
2zz-ge or 4age swap would be sweet. These are neat little cars, though ugly as sin. would make a decent beater in stock form if you can get it running though.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts