VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sort of a newbie to VW and working on cars themselves, but I was wondering If I could get some people's different opinions on my situation. I want to start working on my car and learning about it, while tuning it up to be faster and better looking in the process. I currently have a 98 Jetta GT with a little over 100,000 miles on it. It runs great and just got the brakes, spark plugs, and tires replaced. The only thing is, I am thinking that I'd be better starting on higher ground like lets say a VR6? I don't have much money to spend atm, but would be willing to invest. Is it worth it to wait for a VR6 or should I just start working on my car now?

·
Registered
375 Posts
i would say start working on your car now, it never hurts to get a little practice, before you do what you really want to do. And if Vr is the route you take you will be smarter when you get there...you could do what my brother did, crash your car a bunch of times, and fix it up by yourself, learn as you go type of thing...j/k welcome to the VW family!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts