VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So your driving along the highway at 80 mph, the AC starts to blow hot air. So you roll down the windows and turn the AC off. Check the temp guage and see that its in the center where it should be. within a minute more of driving smoke begins to come out of your hood. You pull over in the emergency lane, turn off the car, and watch for the next 6-8 minutes as smoke pours out of your wheel wells, hood, and front grill. The paint on the hood even starts to bubble from the heat. You wait about 30 minutes before popping the hood only to find that the belts, piping, and fan, along with various other things have been completely melted. Roadside assistance tows your car to the dealer on a saturday. service opens up on monday morning. The car is practically brand new. It has 2000 miles on it. Got it brand new with 46 miles on it. So what do you do?

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
Re: What to do? (balsac)

if you preformed mods......get the tub of vaseline ready....if not it should be covored under warrenty.....but to bubble the paint......holy heck that must of been really hot.....my pick-up wasnt able to do that and i had the hood to 500 degrees a few times at the track

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: What to do? (toooofastforu)

car is completely stock ..no mods. i dont want that **** to be repaired for me. the value of that car just took a nose dive, not to mention its not very confidence instilling when you car goes all johnny storm...FLAME ON!!!...I want a new car or my money back.

·
Banned
32,385 Posts
Re: What to do? (BIGJOHNSON503)

Quote, originally posted by BIGJOHNSON503 »
car is completely stock ..no mods. i dont want that **** to be repaired for me. the value of that car just took a nose dive, not to mention its not very confidence instilling when you car goes all johnny storm...FLAME ON!!!...I want a new car or my money back.

you will not get a new car....unless you are willing to pay for it, but even if you did hire an attorney, and file suit; any judge would consider it fair to allow VWOA to repair all things to like new.
Mechanical things break, and under the UCC and warranty, they are allowed (up to 5) chances in most states to fix the same thing, beofre it would fall under lemon law.
Give them an opportunity to fix the problem....it is possible that if the damage is severe enough, that the VWOA may buy the car back from you and offer you another car, but I doubt it...
Good luck, and post back here when you find out what was wrong...and what they are going to do for you/car....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.