VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to have my emissions tested today as it expires this month, i had it tested in early march but it failed miserably. So i replaced the Cat thinking that was likely the problem. Put in a TT high-flow brand new. Go to get it tested today, and there has been little to no change. (can't tell exactly cause i lost the sheet from the last one) but the numbers aren't even close to the limit. The guy suggested changing the air filter and the O2 sensor to help with the CO levels, but didn't know what to do about the rest cause the Cat is supposed to fix that....
Is it worth the $120 for a new O2 sensor you think? i really have no idea where to go from here......pretty mad/bummed....any suggestions would be nice....
TIA

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: what to do?! (wuznme)

quote:[HR][/HR]did you tak your car in hot?[HR][/HR]​
Yea i did cause i heard that if you drive it on the highway right before it helps clean the system out some.....not sure about the requirements for the test....the first time it was cold tho

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: what to do?! (wuznme)

quote:[HR][/HR]try again cold, if that doesn't work I can send to a great place for help.[HR][/HR]​
What place did you have in mind? i am considering sending it to a shop to have it check over.....again...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.