VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so in November I'm moving out to SO.CAL, and I'm just wondering what I can expect from all you vw/audi owners out there.....Am I gonna be seeing anything good or what??

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What to expect from SO.CAL. (snowj7)

This is good to know. I'm moving out for work and school, got to get my lazy ass back in school and finish up that associates thing that everyone keeps talkin' about. I got a job at big bear lake as a snowboard instructor.... only problem is I don't want to live up there... how will I keep my cars nice??

·
Registered
7,269 Posts

ugh...i was up in Big Bear not too long ago. your car will not be clean...but nice up there though. and you have a fun job... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
14,465 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR] I got a job at big bear lake as a snowboard instructor.... only problem is I don't want to live up there... [HR][/HR]​
What are you going to do for work in the summer time? What city do you plan on living in than? There really isn't much of anything out that way.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Re: What to expect from SO.CAL. (BrianM)

hey whats up. ur gonna fall in love with so cal. its an amazing place. the beach, the mountains, the desert and everything else is all rolled into one happy state
i was born and raised here and prob will never leave.
(well at least not for an extended amount of time)
also, if u want, when u get here, ill drive u around and show u all over so. cal. we could have a lot of fun.

but living up at Big Bear really wouldnt be so bad, ive got a season pass to Bear mtn. thats been my snowboarding playground for 5 years now. The city is pretty nice, but its also kinda small, but if u dig that then its cool. and unfortunetly yah, ur car will get pretty gross being there all the time. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Well, thanks for all the input guys... As far as summers go.... not really sure what I'll do, prolly just work on my car and get a job uhh... I don't know where. All I keep hearing is that once I go I'll never come back, I'm very sure this is true. I've heard about the snow bunnies.... oh trust me I've heard about them. Looking very forward to becoming single again before I move out there. (How Rotten) If anyone can direct me towards the good car shows when I get out there I would appreciate it. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts

Keep your eyes open for a lot of GTG's - just talk to Slappy
And stay tuned for a canyon run through Angeles Crest at least once every three monts, weather permitting

Did you get a job @ Bear Mountain or Snow Summit?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: What to expect from SO.CAL. (red72914)

I'll keep my eyes open, but uh..... about this slappy character?? I actually got offers from Bear Mtn. and Snow Summit, totally unexpected, but I figured it's a chance of a lifetime and I've wanted to move out there since I was sixteen so....why not? The greatest risk is not taking one right? They don't write stories about those of us who played it safe. Oh, and dublicuous.... I would be more than happy to have you show me around, my s.n. is the same on aim, so anyone that would care to fill me in a little info.... hit me up with an IM.

·
Registered
106 Posts

I would love to move back out to Southern Cal with my Jetta and finally go to a real GTG and do all the other cool VW stuff. But getting a job out there that pays decent seems to take an act of congress. Are there any jobs out there that actually start out over $30K for someone who has a degree???? What ever happended to those cool jobs starting around $40-50K???

[Modified by kcjetta, 12:32 PM 4-13-2002]

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: What to expect from SO.CAL. (turbo4dr8v)

Ahhhh, thank you, I was a little lost there for a bit, thanks. Oh, and KC... there is all sorts of jobs that you could start at 30 or 40, you just gotta take some time and look. What do you have a degree in?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: What to expect from SO.CAL. (kcjetta)

Hey, about the topic of jobs for 30-40. If your into music at all, try a recording studio, or talk to a producer, my friend that's moving out there with me is doing that, he's doing his internship now, then when we get out there in November, he's gonna try and have something lined up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.