VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: what type of fabric to use for headliner? (vdubnut1)

someone please offer some info!!! i have my headliner out & i'm looking for suggestions.
is there anything available without have to go to a glass shop?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Re: what type of fabric to use for headliner? (vdubnut1)

Hey, I just did mine this summer and I went to Jo Ann fabrics to get it. Doesn't really matter what you get, anything that floats your boat really. I used a black with a really subtle gray patern in it and I'm really happy. I went in there looking for a really thin, lightweight fabric. Figured that'd stick to the foam board better than a thick material, ya know? common sense

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
Re: what type of fabric to use for headliner? (VroomVroomRedGTI)

Quick question... I'm looking at buying a GTi that may need a headliner so I was trying to come up with something really cool to use as a fabric. I was thinking that a regular bolt of fabric wouldn't be wide enough to do the headliner... did you run into this problem?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Re: what type of fabric to use for headliner? (crazyreesie)

I was thinking about that before I started.... what if it isn't wide enough? Well, it was. The fabric on those big rolls is folded in half. so you're getting twice as much fabric as you thought you would. I never knew this.
If it wasn't wide enough I was going to stitch two sections together with some red thread. Probably woulda looked pretty cool, just more red accents in the interior. might not look as good on your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.