VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am sure this has been posted a million times but as you know server is down. I am looking into supercharging a vr6 and would like to hear opinions on different options. Also I am interested in recommended upgrades for a supercharged vr6 GTI. Thanks for info and sorry for posting an old topic.

· Registered
739 Posts
Re: What vr6 sc to buy? (mark31.8t)

The z-kit provides less power but comes as a complete kit. Its also not very upgrade friendly since in order to push more boost you must go to a cogged belt setup and then you still need to figure out your own fueling solution.
The Vortech kits make more power but don't come complete. Thankfully some people (including me) have been working on the fueling and have almost solved it. You will need to pick up a set of 310cc injectors and the ATP Vortech chip that's going to be ready any day. This combo makes good power safely. Check out the dyno in my signature (that's with no other engine mods). Another issue with the Vortech kits is that the tuners who make them don't seem to provide great support so you're pretty much on your own although the vortex has proven to be a very good resource.
The decision is yours
-- Ed

· Registered
952 Posts
Re: What vr6 sc to buy? (vausVR6)

vausVR6,
Is your kit the AMS or the Eurotech? I know this is a loaded question, but would you recommend one over the other? Or would it be possible to build your own?
-Costas
P.S. wooohooo 1000th post...took me long enough!

· Registered
952 Posts
Re: What vr6 sc to buy? (vausVR6)

does eurotech still sell their kit? Where's the best place to get a kit with the V2SQ trim supercharger?
-Costas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.