VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I already searched. I found a few engine codes that someone posted, and the the euro manifold has 10mm studs.
I would like to know what, if any, VW's that were sold in the US, had the 'euro' manifold. It seems that 'US' VW's would have the 'US' manifold; but, what about those VW's that were built in Germany, like Sciroccos and Cabbys(I think)?
Thanks.

· Registered
5,799 Posts
Re: What VW's did euro exhaust manifolds come on(Year/Model)? (wulfshrunting)

AFAIK, the 8V "Euro" exhaust manifold was only used on European market A1's. I'm not aware of any US spec cars that got the larger Euro exhaust systems from the factory.
The only way you'll find one in a parts yard is if you're lucky enough to find one that some enthusiast installed after the car was delivered here. That's a pretty low percentage option. I've found several headers in used parts yards, and I've found techtonics "race" downipes, but I've never seen a euro exhaust manifold and euro downpipe in a yard (yet).

· Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What VW's did euro exhaust manifolds come on(Year/Model)? (Racer_X)

OK, so even the the cars that were built in Germany, but sold in the US would have the US manifold?
Or, there were no US marketed/sold cars with the euro manifold?

· Registered
5,799 Posts
Re: What VW's did euro exhaust manifolds come on(Year/Model)? (wulfshrunting)

Correct. All cars sold in the USA had US spec exhaust manifolds. It doesn't matter if they were built in Germany, if they were sold in the US market, they got US spec manifolds.
I'm pretty sure the euro exhaust manifold and downpipe had no provisions for an Oxygen Sensor and were used with the CIS-Basic "Euro" fuel injection system. The engines with that injection and exhaust system did not meet US emissions specifications.

Modified by Racer_X at 3:42 PM 11-19-2004

· Registered
10,861 Posts
Re: What VW's did euro exhaust manifolds come on(Year/Model)? (Racer_X)

Dual outlet 8mm stud US manifolds came on every automatic Rabbit, Rabbit soft top, and Rabbit Pickup. There are a few diesel Jettas and Rabbits that had them too without the EGR sniffer fitting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.