VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she put down around 470 hp to the wheels today, versus 433 last time. The motor makes 580, so the engineers are still trying to get the power to the wheels. Custom-cast block all aluminum 427, dry-sump oiling.
Sorry not the best photo's I didnt get to take them but her she is for your viewing pleasure

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Re: What we had at work today on our dyno's (lowandslow)

Is that the new Saleen? Very nice car although I wasn't impressed with its performance at last year's 24hr of LeMans
Bah, I still looks
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Premium Member
35,022 Posts
Re: What we had at work today on our dyno's (Slapshotnerd)

the s7r is made for the street? i had no idea. i thought it was only made for gts alms. cool!
here's the saleen i'm more familiar with...

~spoonie

[Modified by spoonie, 10:04 PM 4-8-2002]

·
Banned
6,535 Posts
Re: What we had at work today on our dyno's (Lord of the Blings)

470 thats it? i thought that saleen made over 550 to the wheels...470 whp 580 crank? hahahahaha with that v8?? thats quite pathetic was it having a bad day?.....i know 2.0 4 cyl 16valves running 500 whp daily driven
....i have a friend with a bored 7L camaro fully blown ...we dont want to get into dyno results ahhahahaa

what is this post supposed to be about? a weak little muscle car that cant make more horsepower than a 4 cyl :X

[Modified by STEALTHDEMONDUB, 2:48 PM 4-8-2002]

·
Premium Member
35,022 Posts
Re: What we had at work today on our dyno's (flygtiguy1)

oooh, ouch. sorry, here's some vw group content from the same day.
hopefully your "sight" will catch it

[Modified by spoonie, 11:02 PM 4-8-2002]

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: What we had at work today on our dyno's (flygtiguy1)

dude whatever,
this car regardless of the power is still a incredible piece of machinery.
Lets not forget exactly howe much scuccess VW is having with the a6 motors and the new W8; something about toasting crank bearings. Almost liek 70% of the w8's are fubar.

·
Registered
7,180 Posts

Yea but this car is designed for 200+ MPH fun times, while a 500hp A2 is kinda un practical
Regardless of HP numbers through engineering this is one bad ass street car.
Kyle

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Re: What we had at work today on our dyno's (EuroVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]yeah whatever Stealth im sure you could beat it in your fav canyon with your 2.SLOW... Get real dude 470 to tthe wheels on a street car is big power...[HR][/HR]​
Sure is. Good thing you wont see too many of those around. I dont think I will.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]dude whatever,
this car regardless of the power is still a incredible piece of machinery.
Lets not forget exactly howe much scuccess VW is having with the a6 motors and the new W8; something about toasting crank bearings. Almost liek 70% of the w8's are fubar.[HR][/HR]​
Hmm thats interesting. I work on Audis all day. haven't seen any toasted A6 motors. 2.8 2.7T 3.0 and 4.2 are all very strong motors. the only problem I can see is that the 2.8 is a slug. Only time I have seen a toasted motor was from driver neglect.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.