VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
21,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. I've never driven a 'Vette but I have passengered in one. Impressive car, especially for the $. Might be an even better value when the C6 is out.
Your thoughts ?

· Registered
6,336 Posts
Re: What will the C6 do to C5 used prices ? (Merc-MarkO)

Hopefully drop the cost, used C5s have already come down in price recently and they are finally falling into my price range. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Hopefully I can be in one soon

· Registered
2,452 Posts

I've heard of NEW 04 C5's currently being offered at 7-8k off MSRP (ie 36-37K). When the C6 hits the showrooms (Q3-Q4 of this year) I wouldn't be surprised to see the low mileage used 01-04 C5's going for high 20's, and 97-00 going for low 20's.
Another plus is that a fair amount of Corvette owners are fanatical about their cars, therefore you can find some very clean and well taken care of low mileage cars http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Premium Member
15,228 Posts

If there is a benevolent God, hopefully the new C6 will make the C5's re-sale values shamefully low as people dump them.

If that happens , I *might* be able to afford a C4, which I'd jump on in a heartbeat.

· Registered
3,386 Posts
Re: (MKII GTI)

As when any "new" model is introduced, the out-going model will be much cheaper because everyone wants the "latest thing." In Spetember,2002 when we introduced the new 211-chassis E320/E500, the prices on the out-going 210 chassis (95-2002) were falling thru the floor just to get rid of them.

· Registered
480 Posts

This thread got me thinking, what's going to happen to the Z06? Cleary they aren't going to continue selling it in the old C5 body next to the new C6, but as far as I know there won't be a C6 Z06 for a while... so are they just going to stop making them?

· Registered
2,452 Posts
Re: What will the C6 do to C5 used prices ? (The Apple)

Quote, originally posted by The Apple »
This thread got me thinking, what's going to happen to the Z06? Cleary they aren't going to continue selling it in the old C5 body next to the new C6, but as far as I know there won't be a C6 Z06 for a while... so are they just going to stop making them?

It's been done before (ie E36 M3 alongside E46 3er and many other examples) so it wouldn't be that surprising...

· Registered
2022 Lexus GX460 | 2010 Lexus LX570 | 1973 IH Scout
15,940 Posts

The 97/98 C5 is already in the low low $20's, who knows how much it will drop with the C6.

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Re: What will the C6 do to C5 used prices ? (Mr King)

Quote, originally posted by Mr King »
If there is a benevolent God, hopefully the new C6 will make the C5's re-sale values shamefully low as people dump them.

If that happens , I *might* be able to afford a C4, which I'd jump on in a heartbeat.

hahaha, yeah the C4 prices are going to take an even bigger dump as soon as the C6s come out. With C5s selling in the low 20's it will be hard to sell C4s much over the low teens. Sucks for me. I was really thinking about selling but I would probably get like $13K at best and every tire kicker in a 500 mile radius would come around wanting test drives only to offer $5K.

· Registered
2,385 Posts

Quote, originally posted by The Apple »

There will be a gap where we won't have a "high performance" Corvette. Just like there was a gap between the ZR-1 and the Z06. We only have to wait a year though for the C6 "Z06" or whatever they end up calling it.

· Registered
3,315 Posts
Re: What will the C6 do to C5 used prices ? (VW Lou)

01 Z06's are already dipping into the high 20's while 02's & some higher-mileage 03's are almost down to $30K
By late summer 04 I would expect $25,000 Z06's to be commonplace...

· Registered
1,992 Posts

I've already told the wife that I'm selling one of my two cars to pick up C5 next fall.
Should be lots to choose from in the $20K range.
Just need to figure out which car to sell...

· Registered
2022 Lexus GX460 | 2010 Lexus LX570 | 1973 IH Scout
15,940 Posts
Re: What will the C6 do to C5 used prices ? (Slump)

BTW, C4's are fetching high prices compared to C5's. GM flooded the market with C5's and late model C4's are more rare.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.