VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a customer who bought a MK3 Jetta from our store and she just noticed that the floor on the driver side is wet. I checked just about all the things I could think of and came up with nothing. I'm an MK4/MK1 person myself and don't know much about the quirks of the MK3. Please let me know what I could check to hopefully resolve the issue. I want the customer to be happy...plus, she's cute - not that that has anything to do with it...

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
Re: What would be the reason for this leak? (Dupp337)

quote:[HR][/HR]...plus, she's cute - not that that has anything to do with it...
[HR][/HR]​
of course not...
one thing to check out is find out if she's been running the A/C...the drain for that can and does get plugged up with crap and itll end up overflowing into the car. if this is the case (even if its not, its worth trying. only takes a minute..), when the engine's cold, reach down the firewall in the back of the engine bay and about 3/4 down, youll find a U shaped cutout...wear some gloves cause its fiberglass and that stuff hurts...pry that piece up, lift the rubber flap thats under it, and poke around in the hole to get the crap out. if this is the problem, a gallon of water will pour out and youll have no more leaks

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: What would be the reason for this leak? (Severance)

cool...thanks for the tip. i'll check it out when she drops the car back off. anyone else have any ideas? please...

·
Registered
3,419 Posts

I know I had a leak from the outside air filter, but that was mostly on the passenger side. I also had a problem with the little plastic pieces that hold down the plastic across the bottom of the windshield. I hate those little things.

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Re: What would be the reason for this leak? (VR6Slvr)

Also check the trunk, under the carpet....the tail lights are famous for leaking, and the water finds its way forward very easily...also, when you open the front doors, you will see a rubber nipple sticking out of the A pillar...pry into this a bit and see if you can clear anything out...that is the front sunroof drain...
Sean

·
Registered
6,429 Posts

Exactly where? It could simply be the water from her feet, especially if she's in-n-out of her car several times a day. My floor mat stays wet around the pedal area when we get a good rain.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: What would be the reason for this leak? (Air_Cooled_Nut)

i don't think that's the case...it's like right in front of the seat on the left side is where the carpet was real wet...she gets condensation on the window too...

·
Registered
6,429 Posts

Pull the door panel and make sure the vapor barrier is not damaged or unglued from the door frame.

·
Banned
331 Posts
Re: What would be the reason for this leak? (Air_Cooled_Nut)

dude i spilled water on my floor like two weeks ago and it's still wet maybe someone spilled somethin!!?? i don't know tell this hottie to get out the wet/dry vac better yet do it for her and score some points and if it doesn't work get all upset and sympathetic w/her and be like i'm gonna get to the bottom of this...she'll like that!! If the wet/dry vac doesn't work you are on your own!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts