VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you were stupid rich and were to pick a primary vehicle as your daily driver, what would it be?

I would pick something along the lines of a volvo v60 polestar.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
97 toyota corolla

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
The answer is always Miata.

But if I were a billionaire, I wouldn't really need a daily- no commuting to the office for me.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts

Bonus points if you can name what movie this is from (Without looking at source) and the make/model. I would also remove the shock absorbers for extra ghetto.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Depends, I mean personally, I would have at least one modern and one vintage Porsche, and a gamut of motorcycles. So when you say "daily", I'm thinking this is my car to drive in bad weather, or when moving around 2 or more adult passengers. Because I can get my kids in the back of a 911, and if I was going anywhere by myself I would take a bike.

So if I chose to still live in Canada, I guess just an Audi Q7. Good for all weather, running errands, going to the opera, or picking the kids up from private school.

If we moved to somewhere with no snow, then probably an Audi RS6.

·
Banned
2,774 Posts

Bonus points if you can name what movie this is from (Without looking at source) and the make/model. I would also remove the shock absorbers for extra ghetto.
Uncle Buck. can't remember the make/model, though. loved how it backfired.

I would DD a Porsche 911 GT3 RS. :beer:

·
Registered
6,546 Posts

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Billionaires don't DD
This is true.

If you're a Billionaire, you probably have multiple homes across the world. Some places you will use a driver, or call up a high end car place and have them drop off a rental for when you will be in town. Or you will have various cars parked there at the ready, probably extremely high end (Bentley etc.) leased and automatically cycled out by that locations estate manager every year or 2. Maybe you have a vintage Ferrari convertible from your collection at the villa in South France.

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
For which day?

Mondays are ****ty and I don't like dealing with stuff. I want to be insulated from the plebs, and may even drive myself. Rolls Royce Wraith.

Tuesdays aren't much better, but at least the week is getting on. Videogames release on Tuesdays so I may have to mix it up with said plebs at the store occasionally, I may even go inside the store myself. If I do mingle with the proletariat, I may as well drive something in their class. Audi A8L.

Wednesdays. Ahh, Wednesdays. You're halfway done, work-week. As such, I'll take something half luxury, half sport and roll with, say... a Porsche 918.

Thursdays are good! They're Friday's Friday! Excellent. Work is wrapping up but at the same time I need to be focused today so I can nail everything down tomorrow and finish the week strong. Focused. Precise. Excellent. I'm driving my Ferrari 458 Speciale.

Friday, Friday, sittin in the front seat, sittin in the back seat, which seat do I take!? The week is done. The drive home should be an aural and physical celebration. I'll ride in my Koenigsegg Agera R.

Saturday. I wake up to bacon, eggs and toast. I lounge around until 1-2 in the afternoon watching a movie or some TV. But mid-afternoon, it's time to spend the rest of the day driving. I'll spend the rest of the day in my McLaren P1. It'll awaken my senses and remind me why I worked all week. Yes.

Sunday. I wake up to bacon, eggs and toast. I lounge around until 1-2 in the afternoon watching a movie or some TV. But mid-afternoon, it's time to spend the rest of the day driving. I'll spend the rest of the day in my Ferrari LaFerrari. It'll awaken my senses and remind me why I worked all week, but also add a smidge more luxury and comfort to the day than the P1, which is what I need, because woe is me, I have to work tomorrow.

Okay but for real, I'd DD a Huracan, probably.

1 - 20 of 242 Posts