VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

181 - 200 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
23,418 Posts
Well have you? I've driven both a Tesla and a Bentley and can tell you the Tesla feels like a corolla inside. That's even after driving my world's ****tiest interior nissan frontier. Teslas are a parts bin inside. I do love that screen though.
Well, there are two parts to this question/ statement/ rhetorical devise.

Firstly, is it important whether I have driven a Bentley versus an upscale Porsche sedan/ Maybach/ Mercedes/ Audi/ BMW? And what is the difference between these and how does that difference compare to a Corolla?

And then there is some kind of objective evaluation of the best Tesla car offered, today. Which, by every-day reasonable standards, is a luxury super-car at an affordable price, as far s super-cars are concerned.

So, what exactly is your point?

·
Registered
3,660 Posts

All day, err' day. I would LOVE to daily a P1 wherever I could, drive it through salt, slush and winter, automatic car washes and what not.. :D

·
Registered
23,418 Posts
Seems pretty clear. Not much ambiguity there.
So, a highly subjective point that wasn't argued in one way or another in detail and that is pretty much not shared by anyone else in the entire world? I get it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
So, a highly subjective point that wasn't argued in one way or another in detail and that is pretty much not shared by anyone else in the entire world? I get it. :thumbup:
You must pour over spreadsheets about your bowel movements because you over analyze everything. :rolleyes:

It's been shown time and time again the money in a Tesla, whether that be in manufacturing or purchasing, is mainly tied up in all the tech. They're not all that luxurious compared to their ICE counterparts. :thumbup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Porsche GT3 RS in purple with no cage. Then I'd have an orange one with a cage for the track on the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
135 Posts
Hmmmm
Everyday Stuff - Grand Cherokee SRT for life stuff & an X5M for anything longer than a 30min drive
To do everything else, restaurants etc.. - F12berlinetta
Weekend - F-Type "I don't like convertibles, but I probably would get convertible.. just so I could hear that exhaust with less in the way lol"
Track Car - R34 GT-R V·spec II, Fully Caged, Under 3000lb's with me in it... coming out of an apex at 150kph... When I start to give it power, I want all 4 wheels to spin

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
There are a lot of rusted out and neglected surfer cars where I live. For my beach car, I would take my wife's 3rd generation Subaru Outback and have an STI drivetrain, suspension, brakes, ect. installed. Add some fake rust, Bernie Sanders stickers and I'll be set!

Edit: You don't want to park a car that attracts attention at the beach in Hawaii.

·
Banned
13,776 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
First off, I will defend you all day long for your opinion that started with you saying you would "probably drive a Tesla". I think its a great choice. But then the other guy had a different opinion and I thought he stated it clearly. He did so based on experience. He said "I have driven both cars and the Tesla feels like a...". Of COURSE it is subjective. That is what OPINIONS are. And as far as whether it is shared, I can tell you that I share his opinion, so clearly it is not true that the opinion he stated isn't shared. It is. Maybe it's a minority, I really don't know. I don't care, because it is an OPINION. The man is entitled to have one, just as you are. He merely stated his, and he implied that you may not have driven both cars in order to evaluate it in the same way he had. That is what he asked you... whether you had the same experience to provide you perspective. To which you asked what his point was, which really isn't an answer. It was obvious what his point was... that if you HAVE NOT driven both a Bentley and a Telsa, he does not believe you can have a constructive discussion with him regarding the relative merits of both. He stated that he HAS done so and that he therefore believes he is entitled to his opinion. I agree. Your point was more along the lines of not caring about the luxury... maybe caring about something else. Again, all good, but it does not invalidate his opinion that the Tesla doesn't feel luxurious enough for HIS purposes.

Moreover, the title of the thread is "what would YOU drive?". Not "what should everyone agree on driving if they were all billionaires". You both have perfectly valid answers and I like them both. The written word in forums can so often get taken out of context or can be projected as being harsh or combative. I'm not trying to be either, I think we'd all get along wonderfully over a car discussion in person. Hell. come on over and drive my Fisker and maybe I can convince you that you would buy that instead of the Tesla.

Good luck to all the TCL billionaires!

181 - 200 of 242 Posts