VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
21 RS6 12 QX56 10 A6 Avant 88 16v Scirocco
12,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know, I am a HUGE sucker for 911s. I have always wanted one. My father taught me to drive a stick in his 996. I nearly got a GT3 before the R8. I almost got a Turbo a year ago before they really blew up in value. My benz store took in a 2021 C2S with sub 500 miles.

Untitled by smooremin, on Flickr

Its not the best build, but it has a few key things that I would need to have for me to own a 911, mainly, since its available, the stick.

992 by smooremin, on Flickr

I would be buying it a tad bit under market value as it was traded in for what I feel is a fair price.

So what would TCL do, keep an RS6 that is a perfect daily drive but not nearly as exciting as what I like, or do I get this 911, drive it for a bit, and hope that I can get AoA to listen to my begging for an R8 allocation....

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
And you told me you were tapped out for 5 more months. I knew that wouldn't last.

If you like the spec, **** man, DO IT.

If @sandjunkie got rid of his RS6 for a P-car you should too.

Besides you have the Beluga Whale for hauling duties.

TL;DR - DO IT - then let me drive it when I'm out that way this summer

·
Registered
A chili pepper and a little gator.
7,711 Posts
It will be sad to let it go, but you owned the RS6 long enough to effectively check it off your VW enthusiast bucket list. You know what you need to do. :devilish:

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
If a 911 is a bucket list car, and you have the means, do it.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Wow, a TCL'er wanting a 911. How original. :rolleyes:

j/k. :ROFLMAO: If you like it, buy it. If for no other reason than it's a new car that isn't silver/gray.

Any idea why was it traded in so quickly?

·
12,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
Also even if the build isn't perfect for you, to order one you're looking at 1+ year easy, maybe 2. I'm actually a little jealous of the opportunity, we ordered ours last February and it's finally delivering in April. 😂

·
12,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you driven this particular 911 or a 992?
Negative, which is a big question mark.

AND had the store not gotten broken into Wednesday night and had 30 sets of keys stolen, I would have driven it by now.... Its currently locked, with the ebrake set, parked on the 3rd floor of our dealership. So they are going to have to put it on dolly jacks, push it to the car elevator, and push it outside to a tow truck.

·
12,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
80 Caddy, 88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
25,255 Posts
I'd say go for it man. You've had the RS6 experience. Now you can check another box on your bucket list.

·
12,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
  • Haha
Reactions: Stradguy93

·
Registered
11,845 Posts

AND had the store not gotten broken into Wednesday night and had 30 sets of keys stolen, I would have driven it by now.... Its currently locked, with the ebrake set, parked on the 3rd floor of our dealership. So they are going to have to put it on dolly jacks, push it to the car elevator, and push it outside to a tow truck.
Yeah, that's the big question. Does the 992 still have the 911 magic? Some seat time will answer that question.
If it does then 100% YOLO in this situation.

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
What about a 991 or 981? 992 is similar just more...I dunno...bolted down feeling. But the fundamentals are all there, and in a lot of ways it's a 991 with a much nicer interior and rear clip. I'll be shocked if you're disappointed by the test drive.

And some sort of ADM according to a friend who works at a local shop.
FWIW we're actually getting a token discount, but it's a smaller dealer our family has done a lot of business with so maybe they're just looking forward. In any event even if the wait is a bigger issue than the price, you're certainly not going to get a deal on a new one, and this one is trying to fall into your lap. Why not let it. (y)

1 - 20 of 145 Posts