VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What would you do with a spare Focal speaker? (JDriver1.8t)

I'm thinking of installing it in my center console as a subwoofer, in a sealed enclosure with a mono 100w RMS
Might give me my much needed midbass

Do you think low-pass, full range?

· Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What would you do with a spare Focal speaker? (nathankaufman)

I assume it would be even more useless if I install my Focal 165CA's into some kickpods?
So far I only have a set of Clarion POS coaxials in the doors, powered by a Power Acoustik 100x4 amp, then bridged 300w to my 12" Hertz subwoofer.
Problem I hear is that the speakers sound like shyte, producing nearly NO midbass, only horrible sounding vibrations. I would like to high-pass them even higher (say, 300hz or higher), and have the single 6.5" sub in the dash running full-range...
Would that sound like ass?
And don't worry, I'm not going for perfect SQ with soundstages and shyte, I'm just in it for an experience http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
131 Posts
Re: What would you do with a spare Focal speaker? (lil' Stumpy)

I have the same problem. I have only one diamond audio m-6 sitting at my apartment for over a year now. I always thought I might be able to do something with it, but my best bet is prob just to ebay it.

· Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote, originally posted by nathankaufman »
I'd try damping your doors for more beefy midbass http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Most likely that buzz is less the speakers and more the actual insides of the pods, or the dash vibrating like crazy.
When i had my 91, i kept the bass all the way down, those doorpods are terrible!!

I think I'm gonna abandon the doors completely... Thinking more about it last night, for the work it'll take to build a box to house the one Focal speaker, I could build a set of kickpanels and mount my 165CA's and get back my full-range of music

· Registered
2,327 Posts

tyler...i want it....cheap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.