VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the wagon needs new tires, do i replace the 18" tires on the audi wheels, or drop down to a nice 17 with polished lip and so forth..17x8.5 and 17x9.5-10?? with a slightly larger tire?? i put 18000 miles on it last year and just thinkin a better ride would be nice...
let me hear it..i need the advice

·
Banned
5,861 Posts
Re: what would you do??? (Us2bA4dr)

Although my opinon isnt valid, a 17'' with a good dish would look awesome-possum on your wagon, even though im lovin those a8's.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

I think you should leave the A8's....but anything would look awesome on your car.....

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Re: what would you do??? (VWGirlie23)

i say, get some mercedes SLK amg wheels. they are 17" with different width and offset front to rear. after that, get a cajun burger and some catfish nuggets

·
Banned
5,861 Posts
Re: what would you do??? (slomofo.)

Quote, originally posted by slomofo. »
. after that, get a cajun burger and some catfish nuggets

Hashbrowns + BBQ sauce = good.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Re: what would you do??? (JesterVr6 Too!)

keep the A8's and get an alignment
... if you do go smaller, get something other then Mercedes wheels... seems every Passat is running those now

·
Registered
668 Posts

well, the 17's with the dish would look cool. Always liked the dished look. Not to mention you'd have more tire between the road and your rims. Plus wider tires, more traction. Where can you go wrong?
chatt

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
Re: what would you do??? (chatterton)

from what i posted on the other board:
honestly i think the 17's are gonna look small on the wagon. even if they are wider. And since the A8L's design makes them look larger than they really are, the effect will be more dramatic if you go to the 17's. It's like how kelly's wheels dont look as large at 18's compared to the a8l's.
dont worry, i'll get to your p-chop hopefully tonite.

·
Banned
5,861 Posts
Re: what would you do??? (1a3trek)

Quote, originally posted by 1a3trek »
dont worry, i'll get to your p-chop hopefully tonite.

How boutcha make the website look a little bit less geocities-styled and more cool looking?
jk

·
Registered
9,189 Posts

how about you shut your pie-hole

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

I agree with what was stated above- 17's will look small on a Wagon. The Audi wheels are sick as hell on your car. Leave 'em!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

You need to rekindle those special feelings that you used to have for the a8 wheels. If you leave them for some 17's, you may look back later wish you could have them back.

·
Banned
5,847 Posts
Re: what would you do??? (stock77)

doesn't a "what kind of wheels should I get" thread belong in the mk 4 forum with all the other idiodic questions

·
Registered
4,041 Posts

eddie, keep the A8's. IMO, I think the car looks sick the way you have it now. I need to see pics of the 17"s on p-shop in order to convince me. Otherwise, I always like that saying where it goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts