VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car in question...

Right now it is basically stripped undergoing lots of changes. thats all ill say about that and i know what I'm doing with the car just not the motor. The problem I've run into is money and with what i REALLY want to do with the engine it'll take a lot which means more time.
I have the passat which is tits so its not like i don't have something else to drive but i cant remove the insurance on the Jetta cuz i still owe on it. I also have the opportunity to get a car for a KILLER deal for another project thats been on the back burner for awhile.
it boils down to i have to many projects haha but im not getting rid of a single one!
So I've hit a wall and not sure which way i should go. What would you ladies do?
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
10,050 Posts
Re: What would you do? (vpetithw)

How about, finish up with all the work your wanting to do to the car right now, put a stock VR back in with the obligatory shinny bits, pick up the killer deal to help move your other project along and then just look for another VR motor to build on the side, then when it's done (whenever that may be) you just swap it in and call it a day.

· Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: What would you do? (JRon24)

Quote, originally posted by JRon24 »
i've seen lots of rushed and incomplete projects. it's sad josh.

i know thats why i want to see what the best option in this case is.

· Banned
9,423 Posts
Re: (JRon24)

Quote, originally posted by JRon24 »
being walked by a neon SRT4 isn't fun pete.

Well, they are quick lol. And theres always **** out there that is going to be faster.
Going fast can be overrated... more mods = more problems which usually leads to more money. having a second car, or at least access to one is a must, otherwise there will be days when you can go to work. i know my boss hates my ****ing hobby

if you dont want to go balls to the wall then just get a kinetic kit, do your own IC to save some money and jack the boost up to ~10psi, you should be well over 250 to the wheels and as long as your motor is in good shape you'll be fine.

Modified by general problem at 2:36 PM 11-27-2006

· Registered
9,031 Posts
Re: (general problem)

Quote, originally posted by general problem »
lower = better. always.
but going fast is fun too

just don't be furious... I'm at home on a snow day, so humoUr me.

· Registered
9,031 Posts
Re: (general problem)

Quote, originally posted by general problem »
im furious Im not at home for a snow day

instead im at work getting paid to surf vortex

I could fed ex some over. 10" so far and the road ruts froze last nite into ice ruts. Pretty uneven. Took Ginster out, and decided it was best to come back to the garage and stay warm.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.