VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how would you prepare the engine to run up more nitrous, see i'm trying to get more knowledgeable on the whole nitrous thing, but i'm not to familiar, and since i'm on a tight budget, i'd LOVE to have a vr6 turbo, but i need speed, and I dont want to spend like 3900 bucks for 75-100 HP when i could only spend like 1000, or 1500 and get the same, if not more results!!!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Re: What would you have to do to run more nitrous??? (VRSICK)

Well just so you know, nitrous is addicting, in the end, it will end up costing you more. Sorry I dont have any answers for ya. I think you want to keep the compression low, and depending on the shot, better rods(for 150shot and above I think)...someone check this and respond please

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Re: What would you have to do to run more nitrous??? (fatfreevw)

You want a quick fix for your HP craving? Get a single fogger kit from NX will run you about $600. You can easily install it yourself (I'm doing my 6 nozzle install myself and I'm no mechanic that's for sure) and it's cheap to fill the bottle. You can run 75-100 hp on your stock motor with that setup.
Im going to run 150hp shot direct port on the stock bottom end and it will hold it no prob, but that is 6 fogger where everything is really precise and I have the best nozzles out there (IMO) so that is the limit on the stock bottem end. The Direct port kit is over $1000 and with all the goodies it's (heater, gage, purge, etc etc etc) it's $1600 for the full sha-bang...

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Re: What would you have to do to run more nitrous??? (VR6Jim)

You could run up to 100 shot with a stock motor but, i wouldnt! Youll use it alot more than you think. Id go with 75 shot. If you do anymore, youll want pistons.
I ran 50 shot on my Jetta 2.0 for about a year, then got pistons and ended up with 100 shot.
Loved every second of it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts