VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Tonight I am working on a marketing plan and powerpoint presentation for my marketing class. The subject matter is a fictionally company of our choice, and naturally I am doing my plan on a high end custom car company. The current premise is that the company contracts out most of its major parts to major manufacturers, and then creates all of the technical small parts in house. Basically it’s a company very similar to Ruf, where it shares basic designs of other cars, but takes them to a new level. The price range for these vehicles is going to be from $55K to $85. The style of vehicles will be ultra high performance sedans and wagons based on most likely Audi bodies, pushing around 400 horsepower. The interiors and suspension will be made to the customers liking from the factory, with a strong warranty. Now the burning question, what would YOU want out of a company such as this if you were a potential customer? Thank you for your time!
-Colleen

·
Registered
265 Posts
Re: What would you like out of a custom audi producer? (liigod)

Solid upgrades in the engine and it's ecu that would significantly increase hp, yet provide a manageable output. Brake, suspension, and transmission upgrades that could handle the power comfortably. Cosmetic changes that stylize the interior and exterior without detracting from the original style and class of vehicle..... And a warranty to back up all the parts as if they were OE!
Not much to ask for, huh?!

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Re: What would you like out of a custom audi producer? (duandcc)

Quote, originally posted by duandcc »
All that plus reasonable pricing (like NOT what 2B charges)...

Don't be h8ting!

J.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts

Warranty is big. I'd say new technology that hasn't yet been adopted yet, such as ICE (In car entertainment) like seatback television screens with rear seat DVD, Integrated Blue-Tooth, perhaps a central television screen that incorporates Navigation much like the European in-dash units, but maybe also incorporates an MMI style network that controls the stereo, perhaps multi-program engine settings for turbocharged cars such as the APR and REVO chips currently on the market, and additional adjustability of other driver-oriented components such as suspension (as seen in allroad, A8), gear ratio adjustment (for cars with Multi-tronic), or adjustment of AWD programming in cars with systems like Haldex (TT).
ASC - American Sunroof Company has also shown concepts in the past of custom coach-building. Building say, coupe versions of the A4, A6 or A8 might be somewhat doable, though at the higher end of your price range (ala the VWvortex Project X).

·
Registered
4,065 Posts

Given the current state of the Audi-tuning industry, I think decent service, honesty, and integrity are probably too much to ask for.

So thats why some of us take matters into their own hands

·
Banned
19,334 Posts
Re: What would you like out of a custom audi producer? ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »

ASC - American Sunroof Company has also shown concepts in the past of custom coach-building. Building say, coupe versions of the A4, A6 or A8 might be somewhat doable, though at the higher end of your price range (ala the VWvortex Project X).

Umm...how about conversions for older Audis? Like ASC did...Coupe GT drop-top....
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts