VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!!
12,002 Posts
yes i have many times. it is a bond arms 9mm. i have other caliber barrels as well. bond arms derringers are expensive niche pieces, not gimmicks at all. they are built like brick outhouses, hence i like them for hiking: if i tumble they wont be worse for wear. if you are interested check the b.a. website and other gun forums, my and others' reviews are posted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I wasn't busting your balls. I was curious if it's comfortable to shoot. I've never shot one.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts

Only one pistol at a time.
Now I want to do a humorous EDC: Weekday pic... Monday: .45cal Tues: XDM 9mm Wed: XDM 9mm Thurs (meetings & all-hands): G43 Friday (WFH): AR, XDM :laugh: Each day has a different need. :laugh:

Product review-- My wife got those UnderTech shorts with the pockets for guns/mags/etc. It does not work at all with the P238. She took 4 steps from getting out of the car and the gun fell out. Broke the right grip panel and put some small dings in the slide at both ends. :mad::(

pic for reference (not my pic because I know u guise)

·
17,761 Posts
Dat ass

I typically carry my G43. I also have a G42 and a G26. :)
The 43 will be my wife's next carry gun. First up is a Kimber 1911 in .45.

·
17,761 Posts
Just make sure she is ok with the size.

The best carry pistol is the one that you actually carry.

Mine carries a G42 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She shot her sister's G43 and loved it. She shot her b-i-l's Kimber and liked that, a lot better than my Springfield .45 (I also have cheese grater grips on it). But she would not carry that. It's more of a collector gun for her, plus she's joining with a friend of ours on the ".45 for 45" birthday present campaign.

·
Registered
185 Posts
What mag extension is that, and does it work well?

I have a mag extension for my LCP that I hate, it is too long and causes bore axis issues.
It's from Strike Industries. I love it. Haven't had any issues whatsoever .

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41,655 Posts
BTW I put the Ghost Industries Trigger and Spring Kit in my G19.

Trigger wouldn't reset when firing. Dry fire was fine.

Talked to my local Glock Armorer, he said to always use the factory connector spring, the Ghost one is junk. Well he was right, put the stock spring back in, pof! All fixed.

My 19 isn't a carry gun, but just a much experienced lesson, don't mess with carry guns and reliability. Keep it stock.

·
Super Moderator
'17 Alltrak SEL, '08 BMW R1200RT, '96 VR6T Cabrio, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
23,381 Posts
I alternate between my Glock 43 and a Walther PPK/S .380. I have a Desantis mini-scabbard holster for the Glock and one of the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holsters for the Walther.

·
Super Moderator
'17 Alltrak SEL, '08 BMW R1200RT, '96 VR6T Cabrio, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
23,381 Posts
Wow...380 PPK/S..thats a rare beauty. Any pics?
I must have missed this comment, sorry about that. Truthfully, the Walther PPK/S is kind of a crappy antique compared to a modern gun. I bought it just because I was always a big fan of Sean Connery in the early Bond series. :D My wife has a Glock 42 that shoots the same caliber and I have to say, the Glock fires much more easily for her.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I must have missed this comment, sorry about that. Truthfully, the Walther PPK/S is kind of a crappy antique compared to a modern gun. I bought it just because I was always a big fan of Sean Connery in the early Bond series. :D My wife has a Glock 42 that shoots the same caliber and I have to say, the Glock fires much more easily for her.
I have a PPK/S in 22LR. Trust me...I know what you mean by antique feeling. I too only have it as a I am a Bond fan. It also happens to be my wife's favorite gun to shoot when it doesn't act up.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts