VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
41,655 Posts
I alternate between my Glock 43 and a Walther PPK/S .380. I have a Desantis mini-scabbard holster for the Glock and one of the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holsters for the Walther.
I carried a PPKS back in the day, before all of these solid polymer options were available.

PPKS is cool but not a great modern carry pistol.

·
Registered
'16 Golf R (wife's)
39,963 Posts
It's from Strike Industries. I love it. Haven't had any issues whatsoever .
Strike Industries makes great stuff and it's all reasonably priced, unlike most other accessory/parts companies.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
a 9mm Shield or CZ P-07 Duty in 9mm depending on the day. Shield is obviously smaller and easier to keep covered but that doen't make much a difference for me day to day because most of the people I work with carry as well so keeping it concealed just for the walk from the car to the building isn't important. The holster I have for the Shield is easier to get on and off than the one for the CZ though, so I typically carry it to work. Also when I ride my motorcycle the Shield fits in a jacket pocket which is nice.

It's usually the CZ on the weekends though, especially when it becomes jacket weather.

·
Registered
41,655 Posts
I just switched to my wife's Glock 42 for my EDC. I ordered Taran Tactical +1 and +2 base plates and a IWB appendix kydex holster. I also have G42, G43, G26, G27, G19, and G34, among other pistols. My Glock 43 is my favorite concealed carry but its little large and I tricked it out. My G19 is perfection. G34 is strictly a competition gun. I'm also running Underwood Extreme Defender rounds.

The last photo is my wife's hand. I have large/ extra large hands. I can palm a basketball.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
I just switched to my wife's Glock 42 for my EDC. I ordered Taran Tactical +1 and +2 base plates and a IWB appendix kydex holster. I also have G42, G43, G26, G27, G19, and G34, among other pistols. My Glock 43 is my favorite concealed carry but its little large and I tricked it out. My G19 is perfection. G34 is strictly a competition gun. I'm also running Underwood Extreme Defender rounds.
Q: Appendix or side carry?

·
Registered
22,568 Posts
VP9sk for edc

SG ventcore appendix iwb. 15rnd mags(10 come with). Hornady critical duty for carry critical defense for home.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Old School - Revolver Here

I noticed your other post saying you'd switched.

If you were shooting .357 in your J Frame, that's enough to make anybody switch. :)

I have two J Frames that are in frequent use, both lightweight. One is an aluminum alloy and the other is a scandium alloy. Both of them hurt to shoot with duty loads. But of course, it'll hurt them a lot more than it hurts you.

Other frequent carry will be a P239 and a P220. The P220 I've owned forever...one of the original German, old, non-rebounding guns that is still a tack driver after all these years. Close to 30 years, now that I think of it.

The P239 is about as easy to carry as an airweight Treasury load J Frame, except for the weight. It'll usually be okay even with summertime shorts and a light shirt over top. Duty loads in 9mm are far ahead in performance, of course.

I live in Virginia where everybody has guns anyway, and nobody really gives it a second thought.

Have a few strange revolvers that I do not usually carry:

* 3" Talo 686
* .45 ACP "Night Guard" snub nose
* .357 Miculek special scandium 5". <--Another tack driver! Awesome gun. Not sure why they wanted such a big gun to be scandium. This is not the popular TRR 8 that a log of people own. It's a gun specifically for Miculek. I don't know him, and I hope one day to find out why it is scandium instead of steel. Extremely accurate, but it'll wear on you if you're shooting a few boxes at one time.

I could talk about guns all day, so I'd better stop. :)

41 - 47 of 47 Posts