VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok since poeple love not to listen im sure your all reading this ...my friend told me that the oem brake pads are the best for my jetta but i cant remeber the name of the company they are made by. i only ask because the stealership sells them for like double what you can get them for newhere else w/o the little vw symbol on it, s oif some one can just let me know the name of the pads and or where i can order them thatd be just special

a pic of my hero speed racer for looks

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Re: whatever you do dont read this!!! (abdrury)

best pads I've had on the VW are mintex...
don't get me wrong, but stock pads don't seem to have the grip like feeling and disk crunching abilities...

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Re: whatever you do dont read this!!! (Jetta2NR)

Quote, originally posted by Jetta2NR »

Foo what you know about changin brakes man

·
Banned
3,541 Posts
Re: whatever you do dont read this!!! (bret97GT)

stock pads are good for stopping distance, but they have annoying tendency to give off more brake dust than any other brand. I read that awhile back in European Car when they did a brake test.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Re: whatever you do dont read this!!! (bret97GT)

Quote, originally posted by bret97GT »
just got new slotted rotors and mintex red box.....stopping is sick with these pads...they grip like a ----- haha go pick up a box

I have the same combo and I couldn't agree more. Less dust and better breaking.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Re: whatever you do dont read this!!! (Black94GLX)

After running Mintex for a while, they're getting the thumb down from me.
Hawk Pads will be my next set...I'd rather have awsome braking power then worry about brake dust (boo friggen hoo)

·
Banned
762 Posts
Re: whatever you do dont read this!!! (Pagano)

mintex red box are slightly better than OEM (when they're broken in), but take a little while to get used to. The low-dust is nice...
if you want some high performance stuff, ferrado or similar pads are good. EBC will eat your rotors for lunch though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts