VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Re: what's a knee bar (87GolfKart)

Is this a serious question?

I'll tell ya anyway. Your car probably has storage bins below the dashboard, later cars came with 'knee bars' to prevent you from sliding under the dash in a wreck.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Re: what's a knee bar (Moosar)

quote:[HR][/HR]No, but i can tell ya its ugleh.
[HR][/HR]​
I agree, its also cuts down on leg-room. Some people here like them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Re: what's a knee bar (87GolfKart)

I'm the kinda guy that likes to drop all the comfort creatures of a VW. I heard that knee bars weigh a good bit, so if I had them, I'd replace them with the older plastic shelves that came on the earlier Mk2's. Thats entirely up to you though. May the force be with you.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Re: what's a knee bar (8vGTI)

Hey 8v GTI, where did you get that stainless steel ring that goes around your shifter? Was it a kit or is it home-made? It looks really sick and I like your floor mats too! Where'd ya find em?

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Re: what's a knee bar (Red Sled 138)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey 8v GTI, where did you get that stainless steel ring that goes around your shifter? Was it a kit or is it home-made? It looks really sick and I like your floor mats too! Where'd ya find em?[HR][/HR]​
The ring around the shifter is a Conrero piece that I picked up from a local VW place. I am sure almost any performance car shop will carry or will be able to order Conrero products. The mats are from the stealer and are meant for an A3 GTI. They don't fit exact but after time they mold to the correct shape for an A2.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Re: what's a knee bar (1992jetta-2)

Hehe, I love that VAG hidden conpartment, soooo much room. I had my car for 2 months before I noticed it, glad I found it!

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: what's a knee bar (SuperDaveMK2)

lol. the non a/c big-ass passenger pocket is way better, u can fit bodies into that thing, god bless it.
if anybody did the conversion and wants one let me know, i have some kicking around.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Re: what's a knee bar (The_Hamster)

I was going to get rid of my wonderful knee basher bar after I add some new harness restraints like Scroth or Sabelt. Then I'll be looking for the Canadian / Euro shelf to replace. How much do they go for?$$

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Re: what's a knee bar (1992jetta-2)

quote:[HR][/HR]good thing i dont have one ..
instead i have a nifty hidden compartment
[HR][/HR]​
Lol it's true! Tbird has a 86 jetta!

·
Banned
4,337 Posts
Re: what's a knee bar (duff_man2000)

quote:[HR][/HR]I couldn't have those.....being 6'5"....i've riden in newer cars w/ em......can't stand it....even w/ the seat all the way back and lowered....still hit them damn things.....i say get rid of em.... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif [HR][/HR]​
Pffrpt. I think it's in your head. My 6'7" friend had no problems at all with leg room in my Golf that had a knee bar.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Re: what's a knee bar (SuperDaveMK2)

hidden compartment? Was it that hidden or that obvious that I didn't think it was hidden?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Re: what's a knee bar (negativl)

quote:[HR][/HR]Lol it's true! Tbird has a 86 jetta![HR][/HR]​

I got a girlfriend now who I've got to lug around up over a kneebar? No thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.