VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have something to pressureize the system I thought about whit lithium grease. I didn't do it last time I just spun it with the coil wire off just wondering if there was some alternatives?

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Re: Whats everyone use to prime there oil pumps. (FNMOVIN)

Pull the top cover off the intermeatite shaft and remove the gear, use a drill with a ~8" extension for a screw drive (~1/4 hex) it'll fit over the pumps drive ,run the drill in reverse,till oil comes up near the top.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: Whats everyone use to prime there oil pumps. (mikebobelak)

QUOTE=mikebobelak]Pull the top cover off the intermeatite shaft and remove the gear, use a drill with a ~8" extension for a screw drive (~1/4 hex) it'll fit over the pumps drive ,run the drill in reverse,till oil comes up near the top. [/QUOTE]
Is this the 16v forum? Dude, what are you freak'n talk'n about? Cover off the intermediate shaft on a VR...?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Re: Whats everyone use to prime there oil pumps. (Love-Peace-andGrease)

Yes.... the intermediate shaft drives the oil pump on a VR6, *sigh* Amateurs...

Intermediate shaft where the timing chains are is obviously out of the question... but on the back of the block, on the drivers side below the timing chain tensioner bolt, there is an ovalish cover with two bolts facing up. Remove the cover and thats where you can spin the oil pump shaft from. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Whats everyone use to prime there oil pumps. (Hindenburg)

Vasoline packed in pump worked great. and alot easier. I was told by a few people it would work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts