VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my dub a little more than year ago, the blue book was over $11,200, and it had 60k miles on it. Now I have 72k on it, and the blue book is $8,000. That seems like it's dropped a little much, especially since the new car depreciation is supposed to be gone.
What gives? Any ideas?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Re: What's happening to car prices? (RobbieIG)

im sure it has to do with supply and demand....... people arnt buying cars right now.... plus blue book isnt the bible.... sell it for what you think its worth and be willing to take a little lower then you would expect
have one on me
It will be ok... what you selling it for.. maybe an R32?
hehe

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What's happening to car prices? (!nter-mind)

Quote, originally posted by !nter-mind »
im sure it has to do with supply and demand....... people arnt buying cars right now.... plus blue book isnt the bible.... sell it for what you think its worth and be willing to take a little lower then you would expect
have one on me
It will be ok... what you selling it for.. maybe an R32?
hehe

Not selling yet. Just was checking what it was worth, wanted to see how much leather would increase the resale value by. I don't plan to sell any time soon, especially with the current value. I love this car, I am happy I was forced into buying a dub because of driver room.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Re: What's happening to car prices? (RobbieIG)

well i dont know what year ur car is or when you bought it but it is a well known phenomenon in the dub sales world that the day your dub turns THREE years old, its market value gets bent over a kitchen counter and (*#&[email protected]# by its illegitimate step father http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Re: What's happening to car prices? (Apoc112)

Don't feel too bad...
my car, in it's stock condition, is worth a whopping $3,405 according to kbb.org

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Vegas_Jetta98)

Quote, originally posted by Vegas_Jetta98 »
its allthose stickers and aluminum wings you put on it!!

Yeah! That was it...
In the blue book thing I checked the "Rice" button.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts