VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered that the VW I want is at an up north dealer (I live in So. Cal).
I also just learned that to do this, requires two car shipments, one, for the car to come down from Northern Cali, two, for a replacement swapped car to go up to the dealer from So. Cal. to the Northern Cali dealer.
Anyone know what this costs? Lets say from San Fran to Orange County. Because the buyer would be responsible for all the costs.
thanks,

·
Registered
10,140 Posts
Re: What's it cost to do a dealer swap from Northern California to So. Cal? (randy)

It all depends on the dealer. If you are working with a cool dealer, there shouldn't be a charge. Chances are, they will drive up the replacement car, and drive down your car.
I've done something like this twice. Once where they drove the replacement 200 miles to the dealer that had the car I wanted, and drove mine back.
With my New Beetle, they found a car allocated to a dealer in Florida, but it hadn't reached port yet. They were able to do a dealer swap, drive a car down to Florida, but since mine hadn't been shipped there yet, they just trucked it up here, so no miles on mine!
In both cases, they didn't charge anything to do this.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Re: What's it cost to do a dealer swap from Northern California to So. Cal? (pdoel)

There wouldn't have been a charge for me when I bought mine if I did a trade out of El Paso or Houston (to the Dallas dealer). And El Paso is about 700mi away from Dallas...
I would expect most dealers wouldn't charge, or would only charge a small amount to offset the cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts