VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
say from pa to wa? i want a gti vr6 but there arnt many for sale around here and all the good deals seem so far away i found a 97 jazz blue de with 64k on it for 11500. anyone had a car sent across the country?
thanks
-mike http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Re: whats it cost to send a car across the country? (AgentVW)

I don't know how much it costs... but I have a week off in Dec. ...

Pay my plane ticket and some spending cash+gas and we could work out a deal! Plus air tix are really cheap!
I'm a dubber too, so I wouldn't rally too hard.

I'd guess in the $500-1k range?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Re: whats it cost to send a car across the country? (koston)

Drive it back! Gas will only cost you about $150 one way! I drove from Maryland to San Francisco. Then drove to Tiawanna, and drove back to Ocean City Maryland over the Summer. The only regret I have is the 7,500 miles I put on my car in a bit over 2 weeks. It was well worth it though.

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Re: whats it cost to send a car across the country? (AgentVW)

Fly out and drive it home!
I drove my Squareback from Oregon to S.Carolina (via the CA, AZ, NM, TX route) in 3 days...in January. Back when I was in the Navy and young and invincible
At least you'd have HEAT, a quiet ride and cruise control http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Here's your chance to see the US and get to know your ride! Take advantage of it. Follow my advice: Sleep in small motels and DON"T BUY CHEAP GAS! (or at least carry a bottle of gas dryer with you). If you could have someone with you I'd recommend it (then you could drive non-stop like I did from Oregon to Colorado
).
Heck, if your route allows, you could stop off at a fellow Vortexers and take a break, checking out each other's ride http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Did this several time on my way to a VW show from Oregon to Texas (again, in my Squareback with air-cooled list members). It's a great way to put a car and face to a name

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Re: whats it cost to send a car across the country? (Air_Cooled_Nut)

My friend shipped his beetle across country (covered truck, super nice shipping) for like $2300. Took them forever to get it to him (like 2+ weeks), but it was immaculate when he got it....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: whats it cost to send a car across the country? (Euro Flavor)

My parnets had a 61' Corvette shipped from Illinois to Seattle, WA on an open trailer by a private contractor and costed $800.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Re: whats it cost to send a car across the country? (Si 2 Si)

I had my GTi shipped from CA through Dependable Auto Shippers, it was $890 door-to-door open carrier (I should've thought before i decided to go with open carrier, the car was so unbelievably dirty and covered with everything imaginable, but i gave it a days worth of detailing and got it near perfect) it took a little over a week to get here. It had GPS tracking, so i could just go online and see what city it was in at the time, haha it was like a game, trying to guess where it would be in the next 5 hrs

Edit: HAHA, i'm an idiot...maybe I should mention WHERE I had the car shipped to...it was $890 from CA to PA

[Modified by VW THUNDER, 11:29 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Re: whats it cost to send a car across the country? (VW THUNDER)

fly out there and bring the car back via amtrak. i know for certain they have a car carrier program on the east coast whihc they advertise every summer for NY'ers to ride down to dinseyworld and bring their car along so they wouldnt have to rent one when they got down. the price hould be fairly cheap, im thinking 300.00 or so plus your train ticket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts