VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah so I am planning on getting an APR stage III in the next 6 months to a year and wanted to plan my mods untill then for it. besides what comes with it what should i get. i was thinking FMIC and exaust. but do i need to change the internals of the engine or anything like cams, pistons or rods... can the stock engine hold up with all that extra HP Thanks for any suggesgions

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Re: whats needed for APR stage III (skifis)

Catback, is realy all that is needed. I suggest good suspension before Stg3, and save some money for clutch & LSD in the future, after stock one vaporises.

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Re: whats needed for APR stage III (skifis)

YOu will need a clutch, lightened flywheel is good too. LSD also is a good thing to have.
Thats pretty much it, kit bolts on. But you will NEED a clutch. FMIC and exhaust aren't required, but I would get them.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Re: whats needed for APR stage III (FrankiEBoneZ)

You need at least a 2.5" exhaust & you also need to buy APR's STG3 Cat for $299. You don't need a clutch, until you burn your stock one up.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Re: whats needed for APR stage III (15DGR V6)

I dunno about the clutch. Maybe it's just me but my clutch with 6K miles did not hold on 104 octane from the first time I really got on it. It slips all the time now when I gun it in 93 octane mode. New clutch goes in the car in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Re: whats needed for APR stage III (g pepper)

Cat back.
That's about all you REALLY need to get it installed and back on the road.
But you will eventually need a clutch, and suspension
LSD is nice if you have the money.
FMIC can wait until last. I have had my stock one for a year now with stage 3. It is next on the list for me...actually just waiting for it to arrive.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Re: whats needed for APR stage III (little p)

I am getting mine installed in a couple of weeks. Is there anything I am missing from thr goodies sitting on my floor?
ECS 3"-3" cat
GHL 3" cat back
Turn2 upper tranny mount
ECS control arm bushings
Greddy type S (Thanks Wolk's
)
B&M short shifter
Going to gut my air box soon
Boost gauge
I already have all the suspension. I plan on tires and brakes by the end of the year. I hope to get to next spring on my clutch but that might not happen.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: whats needed for APR stage III (little p)

Im in the same boat as you Skifis. Im making arrangements to purchase the Stage 3 hopefully sometime in the Winter.
Before the purchase, Im getting the guages, DV, N75 "J" valve, suspension, Exhaust, and the clutch kit. The suspension, N75 and exhaust I already have.
After that Im going to mad save and then order the STG 3. While Im waiting the multiple months to get it in... I plan on purchasing a LSD and IC. Hopefull acquiring those around the same time I get the STG 3.
After that.. Im going to concentrate on the small things like 337 pedals, Shortened shift knob, intake, body kit etc...
Of course, what I have planned and what actually happens is two different things.. but ya gotta have a goal http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts