VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm buying my buddys rabbit from him to put my aba 16vt inand i have a 02a tranny i'm wondering whats involved in the swap and also i have digifant one so i need to swap that in also so if anyone has info on both of these swaps let me know

·
Registered
912 Posts
Re: whats needed to put a o2a tranny in a rabbit (90gti16v)

to run 02a tranny i believe all you need to do is convert the car to scirocco 16v front axles as the inner CV's on the rabbit are only like 90mm and you need the 100mm that came on Scirocco 16v's.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Re: whats needed to put a o2a tranny in a rabbit (DEWEED)

incorrect. not sure what axle issues arise, but aside from those, you also need custon mount brackets. a few people on here make / sell them, do a search and you'll find them. you also need to mount the cable shifter into the a1 body since stock a1's use shift linkage instead of cables.

·
25,141 Posts
Re: whats needed to put a o2a tranny in a rabbit (iandm)

there is a big arse topic in the Manual Tranny forum right now.
It is on page one. I am too lazy to get the link

·
Registered
912 Posts
Re: whats needed to put a o2a tranny in a rabbit (90gti16v)

use archived search, works great, i bet there are tons of threads, way better than posting. or look for people who have A1 ABA's listed as cars they drive/own, its likely that they will know what is needed.

found a good link for you http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=417855 im sure there are tons of others

Modified by DEWEED at 2:39 AM 5-24-2004

1 - 5 of 5 Posts