VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 01' Jetta GLX and when I open my door I hear something activating. I hear it coming from the rear of the car somewhere. Does anyone know what this noise is? If I close the door right away and open it back up, the noise doesn't happen again. But if I close the door and leave it closed for about 10 minutes and open it again, the noise comes back. I searched throughout the owners manual but just can't figure it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Re: What's that noise? (TWong1200)

haha i have that same problem too...it does it while i am driving sometimes as well...my friends always ask what it is...i just tell them it it the VW turbo ready to haul @ss and it cant take this speed and needs to go faster...of course they all laugh at me...but they are the ones when the hondas...so i get the last laugh...evil laugh: WOO HA HA HA HA HA

OH YA...you might wanna change your signature and take off "soon to be"

[Modified by A.E.K. FC, 8:31 AM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Re: What's that noise? (A.E.K. FC)

Man...what about when you are at a stoplight with the radio on low and you can hear the fuel pump popping like it's making popcorn back there. I just turn the radio up and ignore it. Ignorance is bliss.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: What's that noise? (dayjayvw)

Yah, i figured it was the fuel pump but just wanted to be sure. There's nothing else back there that I could think of.
I do not hear anything when i'm driving...aside for some creaking/rattling noise from the front passenger door.

Thanks for the responses!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.