VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 2017 jetta gli and want to put a cold air intake and a stage 1 flash tune. I don't want to buy a super expensive intake because i feel like that would be a waste of money. I just want the install to be easy and for it to sound good. Thanks to anyone with a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Whatever you think looks pretty.

·
Registered
2014 Jetta GLI
87 Posts
I have a stock 2017 jetta gli and want to put a cold air intake and a stage 1 flash tune. I don't want to buy a super expensive intake because i feel like that would be a waste of money. I just want the install to be easy and for it to sound good. Thanks to anyone with a suggestion.
The best cold air intake would be to remove the original intercooler and replace it with p/n 1K0145803P from the audi s3. The core design and end tank material means less pressure drop and better cooling vs the stock unit.

In the interim, you could remove the snow guard inside the factory air cleaner box and replace the air cleaner filter if it is dirty. By itself, a CAI won't do a lot to make your car faster or more fuel efficient because that is not where the performance bottleneck is. The biggest factor having a negative effect on the performance of a turbo engine is heat soak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts