VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

· Registered
12,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend has this '94 Integra he's probably going to have to send to the scrapper. But we want to have some fun with it first. We were thinking of destroying the motor for a good laugh.
I was thinking of a few "mods"
1.) headgasket made from thin paper to raise the compression
2.) taking out a few those heavy headbolts and just securing the head down with lots of lightweight duct tape.
3.) reducing the rotating mass by replacing the heavy rod bolts with lightweight zipties.
4.) maybe "supercharging" it with a leafblower or a couple of hair driers

Any other suggestions?

· Registered
20,436 Posts
Re: What's the best way to destroy a motor? (Neon Washer Nozzle)

Since it's an Integra, donate it to the Mk. IV forum. They'll be on it like a fat kid on german chocolate cake.

· Registered
12,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: What's the best way to destroy a motor? (Merc-MarkO)

Quote, originally posted by Merc-MarkO »
If it's a running & reasonably safe car, give it to someone who needs one.

Its running, but its far from safe. Rust and a busted windshield, interiors trashed, etc.

· Registered
5,498 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Neon Washer Nozzle »

Its running, but its far from safe. Rust and a busted windshield, interiors trashed, etc.

That's perfectly roadworthy! Sell it!

· Registered
6,863 Posts
Re: What's the best way to destroy a motor? (SchrickVR6)

Quote, originally posted by SchrickVR6 »
Since it's an Integra, donate it to the Mk. IV forum. They'll be on it like a fat kid on german chocolate cake.

Or a Wonka Bar, even.

· Registered
6,088 Posts

I say anything you do to it should be in the name of increasing power rather than decreasing reliability. A 200-shot of nitrous would of course be the most fun thing to do, but of course that would cost money.

· Registered
3,707 Posts
Dude, if the interior is destroyed... sell it to someone for parts. Hell, I'd pay a bit for a track car. Strip the interior out completely, cage it, etc. If someone is looking to do something similar, who cares if the interior is crap.

· Registered
18,601 Posts
Re: (Matt D.)

Quote, originally posted by Matt D. »
What's the best way to destroy a motor?

Take your car to Jiffy Lube.

Yea. The day I brought my car to Jiffy Lube, I had a massive oil leak - they sent me on my way and my engine blew a bearing. I'm on my 2nd 2.Slow thanks to Jiffy Lube. True story.

· Banned
12,965 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Neon Washer Nozzle »

1.) headgasket made from thin paper to raise the compression
2.) taking out a few those heavy headbolts and just securing the head down with lots of lightweight duct tape.
3.) reducing the rotating mass by replacing the heavy rod bolts with lightweight zipties.

If you were to contribute that much effort, there would be more effective methods to achieve a humorous result.
For instance, I'd remove the #2 piston and con rod, then deliver the car to a mechanic for a tune up (reporting that it was running rough).
Or just sell it and have an extra $1000+ in your pocket

· Registered
6,074 Posts

Honda motor? The only way to destroy it is to sprinkle holy water on it, while a rabbi micterates on it, while a witchdoctor spreads bones and chicken blood over the intake manifold. Trust me. Theyre hard to destroy. Or you could fill it up with bacardi, lower the compression by shaving down the sides of the valve cover, add octane boosters as you see fit, and start in 2nd gear every chance you get.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.