VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Re: Whats the bulb number for the license plate bulb? (Pleshy_GTI_VR6)

if this is for the jetta pop the trunk as you are lifting it look at where the licsence plate lights are there is one screw on each side of the light housings unscrew which ever side is out take the bulb out and take it to the parts store or wal-mart and get a new one. personally i would recomend changing both of them at the same time.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Whats the bulb number for the license plate bulb? (clanton1.8T)

Quote, originally posted by clanton1.8T »
if this is for the jetta pop the trunk as you are lifting it look at where the licsence plate lights are there is one screw on each side of the light housings unscrew which ever side is out take the bulb out and take it to the parts store or wal-mart and get a new one. personally i would recomend changing both of them at the same time.

thats why im thinkin its a fuse cuz theyre both out...its the ones that light up the license plate on the trunk

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Re: Whats the bulb number for the license plate bulb? (lilmoose21)

Quote, originally posted by lilmoose21 »

thats why im thinkin its a fuse cuz theyre both out...its the ones that light up the license plate on the trunk

then i would go through and check your fuses

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Re: (hotrod198)

Quote, originally posted by hotrod198 »
If you are going to replace the bulbs then you should put in some white LED's and you'll never have to replace them again and they'll be brighter, as well as being cooler.

unless its a fuse issue. but considering he has been pulled over for the licsence plate lights the cops around his area seem to be anal and the "white" leds tend to have a blue tint to them which would probably get him pulled over

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.