VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the absolute closest the rim can be to the coil?
Does anyone know, i have a 18x8 (as you probably know), and its about 10mm~13mm away from the coil, havent tried on the rubbers yet, what do you think, will i have any problems, or will i have to get a spacer, this problem is only in the front, not the back.
its +40 offset btw

· Registered
1,048 Posts
Re: whats the closest offset...measurement to the coil... (ea187)

Quote, originally posted by ea187 »
i have about a couple sheets of paper gap between mine. i have 19x8.5 et 40 with 235/35/19 tires

Same here...I have 18 x 8.5 ET30 with 3mm spacers just to clear the coilover perches...only have about this much gap ] [

· Registered
33,807 Posts
Re: whats the closest offset...measurement to the coil... (one50bpm)

If its a 40et... you are going to get a rib running around the tire. I had this happen to me.. I went 8mm spacers front and its all good with clearance... If you really wanted the wheel inside the fender you could probably get away with like a 38et! (meaning you would need a 2mm spacer)

· Registered
33,807 Posts
Re: whats the closest offset...measurement to the coil... (one50bpm)

Quote, originally posted by one50bpm »
what do you mean rib?

What do I mean? Rib isnt the correct word... EDIT to Groove!!!
With a 40et and coilovers, and the proper tires on those 18x8 (225/40) you will run into the locking collar cutting a groove into the tire!
On a sidenote, do you have any idea what you are doing?

· Registered
2,204 Posts
Re: (one50bpm)

Quote, originally posted by one50bpm »
can you show me pictures.......
just tell me, my 10~13mm shouldnt be a problem then right?

AHHHHHH!!!! IF YOU CAN BOLT THE WHEEL ON AND STILL BE ABLE TO SPIN IT IT WILL WORK!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.