VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone completed a test on this. With the throttle % actually reaching 100% on the VAG-COM by shaving down the bump stop on the back of the accel pedal? 86% seems a bit low to me.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Re: What's the deal with cutting the Accel. bumpstop? (black2001aww)

take a drive and log block 3, this will tell you if the throttle blade itself is hitting 100% (listed on the vagcom as load). if it is, you are all set.
86% at WOT taken from the pedal is within spec. if you modify the bumpstop too much, you could break the inner workings of the pedal.
-Scott

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What's the deal with cutting the Accel. bumpstop? (scotty_passat)

86% in spec is 14% less throttle I could be getting. Shave of small sliver by sliver and check Vag-com readings. Anyone?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Re: What's the deal with cutting the Accel. bumpstop? (black2001aww)

trust me, look at block 3, this will tell you how much the actual throttle plate is open. when the car is running, the pedal is only one of many inputs to determine the throttle opening...ie it is not 86% open.
mine reads about what yours does, but when I watch block 3 @ WOT, the plate is 100%.
-scott

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: What's the deal with cutting the Accel. bumpstop? (scotty_passat)

OK, I'll try that. BTW know where to get a Stage 3-5 T3? I've been looking and HKS only sells To4E S and R.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.