VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm slowly modding my 20th and I have read lots of good things about installing a silicone TIP. I have searched this topic several times and I have yet to find the information that I'm looking for.
I have been looking at the Eurojet, Samco, Forge, and APR TIP's. From what Ive seen on several sites the Forge piece looks to be a rebadged Samco piece, but I'm not certain. The Eurojet is usually the cheapest option, and I know APR usually makes quality products.
The information I'm looking for is simple. Do any of the TIP's offer anything over the others? I have read that these are a lot like CAI and all just about the same. Are the Forge and Samco pieces the same? Has anyone owned one of these from more than one of the listed companies? What was your experience?
I tried to hit up NGP Racing about this since they sell all of them except the Eurojet(they sell other Eurojet products so???), but they didn't get back to me
. Vortexer's share your knowledge. I want to put one of these on my car ASAP!

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Re: Whats the difference between all of the available TIPs??? (Unitronic_EVOM)

Quote, originally posted by Unitronic_EVOM »
forge TIP is the besttttttttt

......ok.......................
What makes it the best exactly? The brand name? The OP is right, a lot of times they are the same thing rebadged. Yea you get the name brand, and yea you get the piece of mind knowing "hey i have a forge, samco, blah blah under my hood.
But in reality, most the TIP's on ebay are probably the same forge or samco piece.
Search around a little more, you'll find the info you're looking for. This has been talked about so many times already.
And just to let you know i've seen it first hand, my friend bought a Forge TIP and another guy i know bought some no name TIP and they we're identical in every way.

Modified by swagger rob at 6:34 PM 8-14-2009

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Whats the difference between all of the available TIPs??? (swagger rob)

Well Ive searched and almost all of what I read about TIP's is what a pain in the butt it is to install http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Does anyone have any experience with more than one of these products? Any vendors want to chime in on their hoses?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I really dont see how they could be any better. Some might be a little thicker or something but performance wise i imagine them being the same

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.