VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep considering in the back of my mind the idea of building an Ultima GTR, and always wondered if I could drive it as a daily driver. Most of the time it would be no issue, but of course in winter, it would have to go under cover (although I think it would be a blast ice racing one with some super studs).
So what would you consider feasable for a daily driver? Does it have to store lots of stuff? have a comfy ride? How extreme do you think you could realistically go?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Re: Whats the most extreme car you would daily drive? (gtivr4)

When my Lotus Elise comes next year I'll tell you if thats too much for a daily driver.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Re: Whats the most extreme car you would daily drive? (whatsacorrado2)

Really depends on the daily mileage. If it's 5-10 miles go nuts. If it's 30-40+ that stuff is going to add up quick and take a toll, especially if it's a high strung vehicle.

·
Registered
38,608 Posts

a Ford RS200. i'd drive it gladly every day of the year

obin

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Re: Whats the most extreme car you would daily drive? (Obin Robinson)

An ol' supercharged Dusenberg

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Re: Whats the most extreme car you would daily drive? (Uranium235)

doug levin supercharged viper...
a clone of treynor

·
Registered
2017 Golf Wagon 4motion Highline
19,963 Posts

The most extreme I'd drive on a daily basis for commuting to work would probaby be a Porsche 911 or an Acura NSX - but not in the winter. Sure, AWD 911's like the Carrera 4 would probably do fine in snow. I just could never bring myself to driving a car like that in snow with all the salt and potholes on the roads around here.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Re: Whats the most extreme car you would daily drive? (Spd)

·
Registered
38,608 Posts
Re: Whats the most extreme car you would daily drive? (MEIN_VW)

Quote, originally posted by MEIN_VW »
Sure, AWD 911's like the Carrera 4 would probably do fine in snow. I just could never bring myself to driving a car like that in snow with all the salt and potholes on the roads around here.

actaully, they're not really any better than the standard Carrera. we were talking with a friend during last year's Xmas dinner and he said basically:
"the only difference between the C2 and the C4 is that with the C4 all four wheels are spinning, rather than just the back 2"

tires are the key. put good tires on any Porsche and you have a nice winter car

obin

·
Registered
2017 Golf Wagon 4motion Highline
19,963 Posts
Re: Whats the most extreme car you would daily drive? (Obin Robinson)

Quote, originally posted by Obin Robinson »

tires are the key. put good tires on any Porsche and you have a nice winter car

obin

I was about to say the same thing. Driving a 911 C4 in snow with performance tires would be foolish. Improper tires will limit the abilities of the best AWD systems.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts

Lotus Elise for me http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

I think for me a Mercedes S class would be the most. Anything more expensive than that I would have would probably be a sports car and I probably would just want to drive that one on weekends or only sunny and warm days.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Re: Whats the most extreme car you would daily drive? (quasil)

Most extreme? Anything with power and RWD...I mean it'd be fine in summer but you wouldn't go anywhere in winter...my old teacher got stuck in a flat parking lot with his 99 Cobra cause there was some snow/ice on it.
The GTi works fine...an STi would be ideal but i'd prolly go for a tundra or ram so i could haul my dirtbike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts