VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
9,027 Posts
I sell stuff on FB all the time.

The key to making it a good process for you is to set firm ground rules.

Never drive far to meet someone.

Set a public location near your house to meet, and never even start heading that way until they say they are in the parking lot.

Meet people on your time.

Don’t cancel any plans, or go out of your way to accommodate anyone. Assume that every person is a flake, and meet when it is convenient to your schedule.

Don’t take the spam request’s personally, most people are bored, and just spamming the is this available button.

Take good pictures, post a detailed description, and price it well, and it will sell

·
Banned
4,266 Posts

Set a public location near your house to meet, and never even start heading that way until they say they are in the parking lot.

Don’t cancel any plans, or go out of your way to accommodate anyone. Assume that every person is a flake, and meet when it is convenient to your schedule.

Don’t take the spam request’s personally, most people are bored, and just spamming the is this available button.

Take good pictures, post a detailed description, and price it well, and it will sell
This.

·
Registered
Impreza | '86 RX-7 | Ninja 400
11,072 Posts
Starting to wonder whether I should just offload my Mustang to a dealer or what. I posted my car yesterday and absolutely no bites. With other vehicles I've sold, I used to get flooded with something or another. Now, radio silence. I know it's only been a day, but discouraging...

·
Registered
17,292 Posts
Starting to wonder whether I should just offload my Mustang to a dealer or what. I posted my car yesterday and absolutely no bites. With other vehicles I've sold, I used to get flooded with something or another. Now, radio silence. I know it's only been a day, but discouraging...
Eh, what are the details on the Stang?

My experience has been that it ebbs and flows. I had this issue when I was selling my Audi TT-S. I would get nothing for 10 days, then receive 5 e-mails/texts in a single day, then another 6 days of silence, etc. Hang on for a bit longer.

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
Eh, what are the details on the Stang?

My experience has been that it ebbs and flows. I had this issue when I was selling my Audi TT-S. I would get nothing for 10 days, then receive 5 e-mails/texts in a single day, then another 6 days of silence, etc. Hang on for a bit longer.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
... Firm ground rules.

Nailed it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
there's a broker called 'givemethevin' that basically just charges $300 (behind the scenes) and gets you in touch with buyers, give them a try. They offered 86k for my M3 6 months ago and now that's about 80-82k offers.

GLWS!

I've sold a few to givemethevin. From what I understand they're strictly wholesalers and just dump it at Manheim. That said, they usually give a strong offer.

·
Registered
17,292 Posts

·
Registered
5,959 Posts

you forgot one last detail that might be important.

Have a ride in case you sell.

There has been times where buyers will be willing to buy, but only if you’re willing to part with a car at that instant.

·
Registered
2020 RS3
29 Posts

There has been times where buyers will be willing to buy, but only if you’re willing to part with a car at that instant.
Needed this one when I was standing in the bank parking lot with a check and no way to get home. The flip side was I thought bringing a ride home with me was bad karma…

·
Registered
A chili pepper and an empty crate.
9,458 Posts

I once met a very serious buyer who had no car in the next city north from here at the bus terminal so I'd have a ride home for that reason.

Made the deal, went to the station...and the last one south for the day had already left. So I called my wife and waited there for an hour. 😂

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
Doesn't help that FB Marketplace won't list my freaking post. Hasn't been active on FB for a second, and that is the biggest market around these parts.

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Doesn't help that FB Marketplace won't list my freaking post. Hasn't been active on FB for a second, and that is the biggest market around these parts.
No more Kijiji?

41 - 60 of 76 Posts