VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving on the interstate this weekend and I noticed that my car had gone into limp mode. Tried restarting it but as I guessed it was hard limp. I went to autozone and got it scanned just now. It's pulling up:
P1128 Manufacturer Control Air meter system
I was thinking bad maf because this is exactly what was happening before I put a good one in (not new) about a week and a half ago. I just can't believe I've already got another bad one. I also just bypassed a bad 249n but I don't think this would cause limp

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got the code referenced. Here's the complete thing:
17536 P1128 Long Term Fuel Trim mult.,Bank1 System too Lean

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (JettAffair)

Heard this can be the maf, but I replaced it (with a cheap used one) and now a week later I'm having the same issues again. Anything else in this system that could be causing it? Have had the o2 sensors checked recently.
anyone?

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Re: (aqua_blue_pearl_g60)

I got the lean code as well when i bypassed my n249 and my dv would flutter very badly. Ive undone this since and no code.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (aqua_blue_pearl_g60)

Unfortunately I'm not positive, although worked great for a little over a week. I just don't want to have to buy another to find out. Maybe I can borrow one from the shop I go to.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (halchka99)

Quote, originally posted by halchka99 »
I got the lean code as well when i bypassed my n249 and my dv would flutter very badly. Ive undone this since and no code.

My 249 is bad so I can't undo it until I get a new one, but thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts