VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've yanked my Digi2 harness so I can hack it up into a MSnS-e harness, but I can't figure out WTF this connector is for. It's pin 16 on the digi-2 ECU. The Bentley shows this connector on the harness (page 174; Tm/2; 0.5G):

But not the connector that mine was plugged into:

It's under the brake booster.

Modified by ClownTrigger at 8:48 PM 8-5-2008

· Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What's this connector? (Schaef)

Quote, originally posted by Schaef »
what color are those wires green/? and ?/?

Green and nothing on the ECU side, Green and Blue on the side still under the hood.
definitely not the coil. The coil goes to the ignition module, and the ignition module's trigger comes from pin 25 on the ECU.
I'm thinking maybe something to do with the AC compressor, but I have no idea really.

· Registered
1,309 Posts
Re: What's this connector? (ClownTrigger)

Could be A/C, mitchel is saying the green coming from pin 16 on the ECU is not used. If your ambitious, check for voltage between the connector pins, turn different things on to see if it changes at all.

· Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: What's this connector? (Schaef)

Quote, originally posted by Schaef »
Could be A/C, mitchel is saying the green coming from pin 16 on the ECU is not used. If your ambitious, check for voltage between the connector pins, turn different things on to see if it changes at all.

I have most everything under my hood unplugged right now, and most of the cables aren't even under there. One small tidbit I failed to mention before... The under hood connector's wires go through the firewall.

· Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: What's this connector? (A2JettaGLI18)

Quote, originally posted by A2JettaGLI18 »
Could be a test port for something...also like my CIS Jetta, it could be an O2 sensor circuit test plug. (At least thats what I think it is.)
I really don't know. I will shut up now.

I thought that at first too, but it's plugged in to something. I didn't even know the thing was there til I yanked the harness out. I would have unplugged it to see what happened.

· Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: What's this connector? (Mr. Knappy)

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Knappy »
That is the trigger for the idle bump when you turn the AC on.

You sir, are the man. Since that's what it is, and I have no A/C, under the brake booster it will hang. Thanks man. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Why isn't that in the Bentley?

· Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,809 Posts
FV-QR

http://www.a2resource.com/elec....html
It's not in the Bentley because AC was optional. The Bentley main diagrams show what a basic car would come with, and it's up to you to go to the accessory diagrams (in this case, AC) and it'll show you a wire that goes nowhere, and it'll either say something like "Digifant ECU", or "Digifnt ECU pin 16", or similar.

Modified by VDub2625 at 11:59 PM 8-5-2008

· Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: What's this connector? (Mr. Knappy)

Ok Mr. Smart guy... one more. What's the White/Red wire from ECU pin 20 to pin 6 of the 6 pin connector that's on the side of the ECU frame? Bentley says it goes to a single pin connector "near the ignition coil" that again has nothing connected to it, only I don't see this single pin connector.
This time my educated guess is that it's wired directly to preset button number 4 on my radio.
I'm tired. Does it show?

· Registered
22,292 Posts
Re: FV-QR (VDub2625)

Quote, originally posted by VDub2625 »
It's not in the Bentley because AC was optional. The Bentley main diagrams show what a basic car would come with, and it's up to you to go to the accessory diagrams (in this case, AC)

well I'll be. while it makes sense, that has certainly thrown me for a loop in the past....

· Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mr. Knappy... or anyone for that matter...

Quote, originally posted by ClownTrigger »
What's the White/Red wire from ECU pin 20 to pin 6 of the 6 pin connector that's on the side of the ECU frame? Bentley says it goes to a single pin connector "near the ignition coil" that again has nothing connected to it, only I don't see this single pin connector.

· Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (iloveboulala)

Quote, originally posted by iloveboulala »
Here is an entire list of the pinout for digi2...

Where were you a month ago? Thanks a ton though. Too bad I already figured out most of it already.
So according to that... Malfunction Light/Switch... WTF? I have a check engine light?
...time passes...
I'll be damned...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.